The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 24, 2009, 08:21 PM   #1
Hoss Delgado

Dragon's Breath: Will it hurt a gun?

I recently become aware of Dragon's Breath rounds, the ones that shoot fireballs. I think they look pretty cool and I was thinking about buying some. Not for "real" use, but just as a firework. But given what they are, I was wondering if they're bad for the health of a gun.

Are they bad for the health of a gun?
Old October 24, 2009, 08:39 PM   #2
AMX

I think you'll be okay. I bought a 3 pack of them once just to play with. Went out on a nice wet night after a rain and fired them off. I got a bright flash that only came out the end of the barrel something like 2 or 3 feet. Nothing like the pictures you see in the catalogs.

I don't know if I got a bad batch or if that's all they really do but I won't be buying anymore. I just cleaned the barrel after I was done and the gun was fine.
Old October 24, 2009, 09:51 PM   #3
Lee Lapin

They're mostly bad for your wallet/checkbook...

lpl

Attitude and skill will get you through times of no gear, better than gear will get you through times of no attitude and no skill.