The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 11, 2009, 04:46 PM   #1
Neil2470

Hk p30 l

Hey everyone after a long and arduous debate (with myself) I finally put a deposit down on a new HK P30L. I walked into my gun store to look at a PX4 and thought that's nice but let me see that one (P30L). The man hands it to me and I was immediately SOLD. It is the most comfortable gun I have ever held. I have been posting like a mad man lately to get opinions on a new 9mm and after going back and fourth from a 92fs, Jericho 941, PX4, G17 and G34, it feels so good to have finally made a decision.

Now all there is to do is prepare for its arrival. I was wondering if anyone new a good place online for HK accessories. I have done a Google search and found a few places but they don't seem to have that much.

I have about a month or two before the gun is expected to come in but I would like to have everything day one.

Thanks in advance.

(By the way the Beretta PX4 is one awesome gun and I will probably end up getting one in the future maybe in 40S&W, who knows.)
Old October 11, 2009, 11:26 PM   #2
rsxr22

what kind of HK accessories are you looking for?

If your looking for mags, check with CDNN and midway. Thats really all there is out there, oh and night sights can be had from pretty much anywhere, they are a must because the stock night sights are about as useful as glock's plastic sights
Old October 12, 2009, 01:06 AM   #3
SVRider

I have a P30L. I've only put a couple hundred or so rounds through it but like it so far. The first 2 or 3 magazines had all kinds of FTEs which had me worried but then it went bang every time after that. It's the most comfortable grip I've held (my previous pick would have been a Walther P99). I still prefer the trigger pull and the shooting feel of my P99 but the P30L is easily my #2 gun now. Coincidentally, I just bought a PX4 and pick it up tomorrow.
Old October 16, 2009, 05:32 PM   #4
Neil2470

Yeah I just paid it off in full today and am just waiting for my permit to come through.(Should be good by next Wednesday). I already new about Midway and actually bought a magazine for it last night.

Hopefully I will get to go to the range next week with it but it all depends on when I get the permit.

Thanks for th inputs, once again.
Old October 16, 2009, 06:13 PM   #5
Bentonville

I have the P30. If you go to HKPRO.com you will find many many folks that have these and can lead you to what you want. I suggest shooting some ammo that is a little hotter than Blazer or WWB. Try some Fiocchi. I had a couple of FTF until I shot a couple of boxes of the Fiocchi. Worked like a charm and haven't looked back since. I also suggest experimenting with the various grip panels. I ended up with the medium on right, small on left and small back strap. It helps more than I thought it would. Good luck.