The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old October 4, 2009, 10:43 PM   #1
epic4444

Thinking of getting a noveske upper how good are they?

Noveske N4 Light Recce Basic 16" Upper

im thinking of getting one of these uppers for my AR build, will be a range and SHTF gun, im wondering how good they are and if there worth the money. Also im thinking of getting a midlength over the carbine any advice there either? thanks for any input
Old October 5, 2009, 09:26 AM   #2
Technosavant

Noveske is very good quality- a great reputation for accuracy and reliability. Can't go wrong there.

As for midlength vs. carbine length, the carbine gas system is really intended for 14.5" barrels, so it's a bit more violent than a midlength system (which was developed specifically for the 16" barrel length for non-NFA rifles). More accessories are available for the carbine length, but there's plenty enough for midlength, and mid is probably a better choice. My 16" AR is a carbine and it works fine, but generally the longer the gas system the better (so long as it still cycles reliably, and a midlength will do so on a 16" barrel).
Old October 5, 2009, 09:36 AM   #3
shooter_from_show-me

Quote:
Noveske is very good quality- a great reputation for accuracy and reliability. Can't go wrong there.
What he said...excellent choice. Last time I checked everything was on b/o. So make sure they have the one your interested "in stock".

NRA Life Member
Old October 5, 2009, 12:45 PM   #4
GONIF

Noveski is good .but the BCM cold hammer forged is IMHO better . BCM has Noveski too ,check it out . http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-...Groups-s/1.htm