The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 22, 2009, 10:00 PM   #1
Hoss Delgado

Benelli Supernova magazine extension?

I'm looking at getting a Benelli Supernova, and I'd like to have a mag extension for it. However, I've been told that the official extensions are basically impossible to get. Does anybody have a recommendation for either some way to get an official one, or a good brand of third party extension? My friend has a TacStar one, and it just feels... I don't know, cheap? The others I've researched but not handled are SureCycle, and one called Shote (or something like that, the dealer was telling me about it but I can't remember the name).

What's the best I can do here?
Old August 23, 2009, 01:29 PM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Choate.

Try them....
Old August 24, 2009, 10:37 AM   #3
chris in va

You've run into one of the reasons why I sold my regular Nova...parts availability. You can't just run down to the store and grab a choke or accessory for it.
Old August 24, 2009, 08:19 PM   #4
inSight-NEO

Not that its a bad item, but Id look a bit further than Choate. Instead, I would recommend the Nordic Components extensions. I, among others, believe they are possibly the best designed extensions out there. Now, the TacStar isnt bad for the price, but its heavy and is known to have some issues. However, I had one on my SuperNova a while back and had no issues whatsoever after roughly 200 rounds or so. Frankly, I still keep it around as a "back up" if needed. So, to me, it isnt all that bad. But, again, there are better.

In regards to aftermarket parts, depending on what model of SuperNova you are interested in, there are a decent amount of aftermarket accessories available. Sure, the Remington 870 has the greatest marketshare (along with Mossberg perhaps), but high quality aftermarket parts can be had for the Benelli.

Send me a PM if you have any further questions. I have a Benelli SuperNova Tactical and various aftermarket accessories to go along with it. I have looked around and have gone through the typical "trial and error" phase related to such accessories. Ill help you out as best as I can.
Guns are similar, for instance, to automobiles; in the hands of the sane and responsible, they are generally harmless. In the hands of the insane, careless or malicious, they both become deadly. Blame the person, not the means....mechanical/inanimate objects have no mind of their own.

Last edited by inSight-NEO; August 24, 2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old August 25, 2009, 03:25 PM   #5
SgtMeatballs

I have used a Choate magazine extension for about a month now, and have not had an issue. 150 rds so far, only about 50 rounds loaded out to max capacity during this time.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"