The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 15, 2009, 09:09 PM   #1
Tomcat017

5.11 Pants?

Looking around for a pair of pants. The 5.11 Tactical Taclite Pro pants -- despite the word "tactical" -- look to be decent.

Anyone own these? Wondering about the sizing info. I usually wear a 32x32. Some 32's are big on me, others small. Much to my surprise, my actual waist measurement with a tape was 36" (apparently the number size doesn't match an actual size). Can anyone say whether 5.11 tactical pants tend to run large or small? Which size would you recommend. Thanks for the help!
Old July 16, 2009, 02:18 AM   #2
evan1293

Go with your normal size. They have a strip of elastic in the waistband that will allow for a little extra room if you need it. I wear these pants all the time. You can get them on LA police gear's website. Very comfortable and functional. You'll like them.
Old July 16, 2009, 02:49 AM   #3
DWARREN123

I usually wear size 38 but for hte 5.11 trousers I get size 36 and they fit very well. The way the waist is made make them very comfortable for me.
Old July 21, 2009, 01:34 PM   #4
matolman1

I personally find 5.11 pants to be too heavy for use in warm climates and I do not wear nylon pants because they do not breath in hot weather.

Also, I am 5"7 and the "knee" area of the 5.11's always hang too low on me. i do not find them to be comfortable for these two reasons.
www.israelicombattraining.com
Old July 22, 2009, 06:08 PM   #5
SalsaKnight

5.11 Pants Guy

I personally own and sell these pants. if you are looking at the Tac Light Pro pants, they are 65% polyester and 35% cotton. they have a slicker material and are lighter. they breathe decently and they are not as heavy as the Cotton or Nylon type. they olny make whole sizes (i.e. 32, 34, 36 Etc.) they are great pants for concealed carry and have become popular with law enforcement. they were designed as a pant for climbing hence the wierd strap across the back pocket for a caribeaner.
Old July 22, 2009, 07:56 PM   #6
devildog66

I like their shorts but the pants do not seem as comfie and I would just as soon go with a BDU style trouser or a regular pair of khakis depending on the situation and dress requirements.
Old July 24, 2009, 12:10 AM   #7
R1145

Try them on. The 5.11s tend to be cut a bit tight in the seat.

I like the shirts and the shorts, though.
Old August 10, 2009, 03:48 AM   #8
Coptalker

I have two pair and plan to get more. They are very comfortable, wear well, and look good. Gall's seems to have some of the best prices.
Old August 10, 2009, 04:10 AM   #9
Dingoboyx

Tactacool pants?

Do they have a belt made out of piano wire with D handles (so you can guarot someone)? The zipper turns into a mini chainsaw? & the buttons are actually little throwing stars?

Just joshin' ya
Old August 10, 2009, 08:47 AM   #10
armoredman

I have a pair that are very comfortable and durable. Got them on a killer sale, too. No diamond dust saws, penguns, pinhead grenades, etc, just some tough and good looking pants that happen to have a bunch of easy to access pockets.
Old August 13, 2009, 08:21 AM   #11
SFAL

the 511 socks are the BEST socks i have ever worn...from the desert to the mountains they are great...
off subject...but just wanted to pass info
Al sends
Old August 14, 2009, 07:05 PM   #12
MrClean

I have many pair of the original 5.11 pants and have loved every aspect of them. Especially customer service!!!!! The regular ones seem to fit true to sizing for me. I just got my first two pair of TacLites.... WOW, wish I could trade some of my others for more of these. They do seem to fit slightly tighter than the others but not enough to warrant me moving up a size. They are great... perfect for the hot muggy nights working here in MS.

++1 on the Socks. Got some free ones a while back. I'll be buying them when I need more. EXCELLENT.

Their Customer Service can not be beat either..... mentioning it again because it's worthy.

Lifetime NRA, USPSA, HCSO, CRS Club

Last edited by MrClean; August 14, 2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old August 20, 2009, 05:25 PM   #13
GunBugBit

I have one pair of 5.11 Tac Lites and I find the sizing to be pretty standard. They aren't my most comfortable pair of cargo-type pants but they are probably the best looking. I haven't put tons of wear and tear on them so I can't judge durability yet.