The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old August 16, 2009, 07:31 PM   #1
Horticattleman

Questions on sales

Hello all. I recently acquired my C&R lic and coincidently am needing to sell some duplicate fireamrs. Some are not C&R (Ar 15 among others) and was wondering what are some restrictions to selling and how many can I sell without throwing some red flags. Is there a waiting period from buy to sell? I am in Louisiana and am aware of Louisiana's laws on selling firearms, but does my C&R change any of these rules? Thanks guys
Old August 16, 2009, 07:35 PM   #2
Bud Helms
Staff

We have a C&R forum.

Moving.
Old August 17, 2009, 08:41 AM   #3
jsmaye

Quote:
Hello all. I recently acquired my C&R lic and coincidently am needing to sell some duplicate fireamrs. Some are not C&R (Ar 15 among others) and was wondering what are some restrictions to selling and how many can I sell without throwing some red flags. Is there a waiting period from buy to sell? I am in Louisiana and am aware of Louisiana's laws on selling firearms, but does my C&R change any of these rules? Thanks guys
IIRC, firearms that are not C&R eligible are exempt from any C&R privileges and/or regulation - for instance, you're not required to maintain a bound-book record of them as you are the C&R's. Since you are (presumably) "on record" with the BATFE as owning your firearms, selling them won't be a problem. I'd be safe and obtain some sort of signed bill-of-sale or driver's license copy from the purchaser to prove that the firearm is no longer in your possession.

Multiple-unit C&R sales are allowed within certain limits - it's not illegal, for instance, to purchase a crate of C&R-eligible firearms, pick the nicest one(s) and sell the rest, but you had better be prepared to show that you were "enhancing your collection" rather then merely reselling arms via your C&R.

Finally, the C&R license does not allow circumvention of any state or local laws.
Old August 17, 2009, 02:24 PM   #4
emcon5

Just curious, how long did it take to get the forms after you requested them?
Old August 18, 2009, 09:41 AM   #5
Horticattleman

I sent off the paperwork and 3 weeks or so later, i had it.

So I don't have to log non C&R weapons. I thought I had to. And also do I have to log c7r's that i acquired before i got the lic.?