The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old August 7, 2009, 05:05 PM   #1
DE Shooter

BIG +1 Hi-Point (Beemiller,Inc.)

Some dumba$$ (me) cracked the front ghost ring on his 995...called Hi-Point a couple days ago...had new, entire FSG delivered today!!! TOP OF THE LINE customer service. I called them and asked for parts...was asked, "What do you need." told them...and the first thing they asked for was my address. No mention of how, why, rcpt or $$. I have a couple 995s and plan on getting the new "tactical" version and a 45cal when they come out. Everytime I deal with them and their products (9mm carbine only so far) I come off thinking...great people, great bargain product, and ALL AMERICAN!!! I hope the 45 carbine is as great a bargain as their 9mm.
Old August 7, 2009, 06:42 PM   #2
cottontop

I got a 995 for a cheap beater and love it. A few months later I bought another one from a friend that was missing a receiver bolt. Same story as OP. I called with intentions of buying the bolt. Four days later I received 3 free. TOP NOTCH customer service and a very fun carbine.
Old August 7, 2009, 06:44 PM   #3
the rifleer

I keep hearing that about them and would love to have one... if they were legal here. an elongated pistol is apparently much more deadly than a mini 14 or m1a here in CA.
Old August 7, 2009, 09:52 PM   #4
RaisedByWolves

Wow, their still not done with the .45?

I had a 4095 and it shot great, not much to look at though.
Old August 7, 2009, 11:07 PM   #5
MAX100

Quote:
I have a couple 995s and plan on getting the new "tactical" version and a 45cal when they come out.

The New HP 995TS is out and are selling very well.

Here is a picture of the New HP 995TS with the rail under the barrel removed, the barrel has been free floated and has a very versatile 1-4x24 CQ mid range scope mounted. Also the receiver cover has been coated with a non rust ceramic matte black bake-on finish.

GC
Old August 7, 2009, 11:22 PM   #6
olyinaz

That new stock sure as heck looks nicer.

Still, I love my old model. Would I rather have a Ruger or Berretta? Sure! But for $200 they're quite a bargain I think. My boys and I love plinking with ours.

Regards,
Oly
Old August 8, 2009, 12:51 AM   #7
chris in va

Just wish I didn't have to pay $150 in shipping charges for the three times it had to go back to HiPoint. The third time wasn't even my fault, they didn't align the barrel correctly with the receiver and wouldn't fire.
Old August 8, 2009, 01:19 AM   #8
MAX100

Quote:
Just wish I didn't have to pay $150 in shipping charges for the three times it had to go back to HiPoint. The third time wasn't even my fault, they didn't align the barrel correctly with the receiver and wouldn't fire.
That was your choice to pay that much for shipping. You must have received the wrong info or advice. I can ship HP carbine FedEx ground insured for about $15.

GC
Old August 8, 2009, 06:03 AM   #9
DE Shooter

Max100 !bingo!

That's what I want! Beauty! When they come around here I look to get one.

I just picked up the BSA 33mm Holo for one of mine...mounted it but haven't had a chance to get to the range....should be fun.

chris in va...I guess you got double bad luck...maybe they need to tighten up on QC a little...sounds like alot of folks got good ones. Now I can only hope the $50 I spent on my BSA was "lucky". Out of the reviews I read, there were a few "poor performance" hits. Time and rounds will tell.
Old August 8, 2009, 06:28 AM   #10
neon

The new carbine coming out in .45 looks promising.
Old August 8, 2009, 02:14 PM   #11
Crosshair

Quote:
Wow, their still not done with the .45?
Yea, it's really irritating. They have a continual problem with meting demand for their guns. I would think they would expand production, though perhaps there are problems with that.

Been waiting for one since they first announced them several years ago. Seen videos and photos of the 45 prototypes. Wished I saved them.