The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 30, 2009, 10:55 PM   #1
BurkGlocker

SOB concealment holster for G21

Been looking for a SOB Inside the waistband Concealment holster for my G21 for awhile and have had crappy results locating one that fits my needs. I am looking for one without a thumb break that rides fairly high with an extreme drawing cant angle but with fair retention of the pistol. I am also looking for one that won't print that bad. The only thing that I want sticking out is the pistol grip but still have it ride right at my spine. I know its not an easy pistol to conceal but any input will be appreciated. Thanks...

Brad
Old July 30, 2009, 11:18 PM   #2
freakshow10mm

First off you will get the "if you fall on your gun you will break your spine" crowd coming in any time now, so be prepared. Just ignore them.

From a concealment perspective, the G21 is usually best concealed on the hip about the 3:00 to 3:30 position with a 15 degree cant.

Have you tried the Galco SOB? I used one for my BUG when my previous job entailed me to be armed.

If you don't lean forward a lot, it might be a good option. The G21 is a darn big pistol to conceal, especially SOB.
Old July 31, 2009, 01:22 AM   #3
BurkGlocker

Quote:
The only thing that I want sticking out is the pistol grip but still have it ride right at my spine
That was supposed to read 'right of my spine' basically on my right hip as you stated.

I am a fairly big guy and alot of my clothing fits rather loosely. I usually conceal without a holster because of the trouble trying to locate one that will provide me with the carry position that I am looking for. I have remedied some of the slipping with a few well placed strips of grip tape, but I would prefer better control of my weapon.

Just the other day I was carrying in my home with it showing and a close friend of ours pointed it out to my wife, and my wife said, "Hun, he always has it on him." She didnt even know that I carried a weapon but she didnt seem to mind except that the kids might freak out if they came over and I had it showing, but I informed her that they already knew that I carried and didnt have a problem with it. With that said it comforted her to know that there wasnt going to be an issue.

I know that the 21 is hard to conceal but I am a firm believer of having all of the gun that I can keep hidden, even if i have to dress in something a little less form fitting (except no Hawaiian shirts).

I looked at the Galco and its a great holster and gives the exact ride that I am looking for, but it doesnt fit my requirments of IWB, though.

But thanks freakshow10mm for the input...

Last edited by BurkGlocker; July 31, 2009 at 01:27 AM.
Old July 31, 2009, 06:46 AM   #4
Kreyzhorse

I've got a Glock 22 and used a Bianchi Professional 100 IWB holster that I tried to carry SOB. The holster doesn't meet your requirements, but I will tell you that carrying a Glock SOB is really tough to pull off.

The gun itself is thick and since your waist is your pivot point, any time you bend slightly forward the gun will print dramatically regardless of holster type.
Old July 31, 2009, 08:14 AM   #5
freakshow10mm

Probably your best bet, if you are serious about the carry position, is look to a custom holster. Again, be prepared for them to insert their expertise in statements about breaking your spine, etc. Politely state you understand the risks, but am looking for a holster to be made and if they will make it for you you will buy it. If they won't, then look elsewhere. Speak with your wallet.

Most of the custom guys are backed up pretty good but some of the smaller, less known holster shops in the business are quicker and put out some really great holsters so check around. This sort of thing is worth your time.