The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 29, 2009, 10:20 AM   #26
sixgun67
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 27, 2009
Location: New Philadelphia, Oh
Posts: 238
You know, I do my best to "self help" when it comes to looking into these rumors. Wether I can verify to my own satisfaction or not, I NEVER give out info on what I own or in what quantities. That is simply asking for consequences that may arise in the future. And, God help you if the newspapers get your info. Has happened here, several times.
sixgun67 is offline  
Old October 29, 2009, 11:04 AM   #27
jmorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Posts: 1,605
2500 rounds = terror watch list? Hell, I’ve shot that many rounds in a day just because I needed empty brass.
jmorris is offline  
Old October 30, 2009, 05:34 AM   #28
blume357
Senior Member
 
Join Date: August 2, 2005
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 3,943
You know some innovative internet ammo company could really get some publicity

If they actually did go with the idea posted previously....

"Buy 1000 rounds of bulk .223 and get a free Terrorist Watch"

then you will be on the Terrorist 'Watch' list.....
blume357 is offline  
Old October 30, 2009, 09:05 PM   #29
publius42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: February 9, 2002
Posts: 1,888
Quote:
You know, I do my best to "self help" when it comes to looking into these rumors. Wether I can verify to my own satisfaction or not, I NEVER give out info on what I own or in what quantities. That is simply asking for consequences that may arise in the future. And, God help you if the newspapers get your info. Has happened here, several times.
I'm not worried. I carefully counted out 2,499 rounds of each caliber to keep here in the house, and buried the rest in various secret spots. That's what I heard we were supposed to do on the internet.
publius42 is offline  
Old October 30, 2009, 10:20 PM   #30
Tom Servo
Staff
 
Join Date: September 27, 2008
Location: Foothills of the Appalachians
Posts: 10,356
Quote:
I hear you get put on the Terrorist Watch List for spreading silly rumors on the intardnet...
Oh, how I wish. I just want people to stop yelling at me about having to declare their guns on next year's taxes.

Quote:
The gun store told me that Obama passed a rule that all ammo has ingredients in powder that makes it inert after a year
Ah, yes. The expiring primer panic of 1995, revised with the help of teh intarn3ts in 2009.

__________________
Sometimes it’s nice not to destroy the world for a change.
--Randall Munroe

Last edited by Tom Servo; October 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM.
Tom Servo is offline  
Old October 30, 2009, 10:50 PM   #31
bbqbob51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: November 6, 2005
Posts: 730
I've made made 2 aluminum foil hats. One for me and another to hide my ammo under, the cameras in outer space can't see us that way! Pass the word.
bbqbob51 is offline  
Old October 31, 2009, 08:56 PM   #32
jontz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 14, 2009
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 144
Actually, you need to be careful with that as well. If you buy more than two rolls of aluminum foil in one day you'll be on the terror watch list as well.
__________________
Sig Mosquito
Sig P228
Bersa Thunder 380
jontz is offline  
Old November 1, 2009, 12:22 AM   #33
ADB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: February 28, 2009
Posts: 399
I love that and I'm going to steal it.
ADB is offline  
Old November 1, 2009, 11:49 AM   #34
green-grizzly
Member
 
Join Date: January 4, 2008
Posts: 36
90% of the awful things you hear about the Patriot Act are not in the Patriot Act, and the other 10% are cockeyed interpretations.
__________________
The only thing of value which we have at present is our arms and our courage. So long as we keep our arms we fancy that we can make good use of our courage; but if we surrender our arms we shall lose our lives as well.
-Theopompus
green-grizzly is offline  
Old November 1, 2009, 07:23 PM   #35
vranasaurus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: November 16, 2008
Posts: 1,175
I heard that aluminum foil is completely innefective against sattelite photography and mind reading devices. Tin foil on the other works this is why the CIA had tin foil replaced with aluminum foil.
vranasaurus is offline  
Old November 2, 2009, 08:39 AM   #36
MTT TL
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 21, 2009
Location: Quadling Country
Posts: 1,801
Quote:
90% of the awful things you hear about the Patriot Act are not in the Patriot Act, and the other 10% are cockeyed interpretations.
I am not so sure about that, I guess it depends upon what you heard; however there is nothing in it about ammo sales.
__________________
Proxima est Mors, Malum Nullum adhibit Misericordiam
MTT TL is offline  
Old November 2, 2009, 06:24 PM   #37
CUBAN REDNECK
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 8, 2009
Location: SW FLORIDA
Posts: 246
Purely a rumor, but then again it could be wishful thinking in some areas of the country.
CUBAN REDNECK is offline  
Old November 5, 2009, 04:59 AM   #38
357MagFan
Junior member
 
Join Date: December 28, 2004
Posts: 205
I have no criminal record. I am a classic law abiding american citizen. Yet if the government did ruin my life and called me a terrorist because I had over 2500 rounds stored in my house.

I might actually become one...

The liberals better be careful what the wish for.
357MagFan is offline  
Old November 5, 2009, 06:46 AM   #39
gyvel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: August 30, 2009
Location: Northern AZ
Posts: 5,229
And if you do have 2500 rounds of ammo, be sure to leave 1501 of them at home when you cross Hoover Dam.
gyvel is offline  
Old November 5, 2009, 07:17 AM   #40
DiscoRacing
Senior Member
 
Join Date: December 19, 2008
Location: milton, wv
Posts: 3,640
Quote:
I hear you get put on the Terrorist Watch List for spreading silly rumors on the intardnet...
I like that one Mike..
How many sticks of C4=2500 rds??
DiscoRacing is offline  
Old November 11, 2009, 07:02 PM   #41
johnbt
Senior Member
 
Join Date: December 6, 1999
Location: Richmond, Virginia USA
Posts: 6,004
Is it 2500 rounds of .22 or 2500 rounds of each brand of .22 rimfire? IOW, is Wolf Match Target counted separately from my Wolf Match Extra? Or my Eley and Lapua? Nevermind, cases are 5000 rounds each so I'm up the creek anyway.

John

P.S. -

johnbt is offline  
Old November 14, 2009, 08:12 PM   #42
Don P
Senior Member
 
Join Date: December 17, 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,798
Quote:
I've made made 2 aluminum foil hats. One for me and another to hide my ammo under, the cameras in outer space can't see us that way! Pass the word.
That's why I chose to live in tin-foil alley
__________________
NRA Life Member, NRA Range Safety Officer, IDPA Safety Officer
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Don P is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2014 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent: thefiringline.com
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.08898 seconds with 7 queries