The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old June 11, 2009, 03:27 PM   #1
wickedrider

Shootout in Norfolk, VA Motel.

There was a shootout about 2:30 this morning. Evidently, two people in a motel room was rushed by two armed guys. At least one of the guys in the motel room was carrying. One of the room occupants was hit but is doing well. The other room occupant, hit two BG's killing one, the second is in critical condition.

Here is a link to the story

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/mobile/Norfo...death_20090611
Old June 11, 2009, 03:30 PM   #2
csmsss

Norfolk's got some exceedingly rough areas. I'd guess this hotel is in one of them. Good on the contractor who protected himself and his coworkers. Let's hope he'll completely recover from his wounds.
Old June 11, 2009, 03:31 PM   #3
5whiskey

Hopefully this will be a clean shoot so we can give the good guys an "ataboy" and not have another 25 page thread.

I hope everyone who is still living makes a full and speedy recovery.
Old June 11, 2009, 04:50 PM   #4
Brian Pfleuger
Staff

If this turns out as simple as it sounds then it''s another resounding "Hell Ya!" for the good guys.
-The Architect
-----
He is no fool who gives what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose.
-Jim Eliott, paraphrasing Philip Henry.
Old June 12, 2009, 06:01 PM   #5
chris in va

Quote:
Collier said the team had moved to the Econolodge to get away from a different hotel because of a shooting there
Quote:
WAVY.com dig some digging and learned police were called out to the Econo Lodge 89 times since June 11, 2008. Those calls included Assault, Robbery and Disturbing the Peace
Yikes. My friend used to work at a Days Inn, the cops were always getting called about something...meth cooking, prostitution, assault. One guy had terminal AIDS and was living out the rest of his life in a room, until management got word about what was going on.
Old June 13, 2009, 06:39 PM   #6
wickedrider

2nd BG died yesterday. Good Guy shot 2 of 3 BG's. I am wondering about his firearm and load. Anybody local with info. For a civilian, he did a helluva job!!!
Old June 14, 2009, 04:58 PM   #7
Daniel964

Quote:
2nd BG died yesterday. Good Guy shot 2 of 3 BG's. I am wondering about his firearm and load. Anybody local with info. For a civilian, he did a helluva job!!!
I'm wondering what kind of training he had.
Old June 15, 2009, 10:15 AM   #8
FM12

The contractor is a poster boy for CCW> Good job!!
Old June 15, 2009, 10:32 AM   #9
Nick-Mc

It's a good thing he is recovering from his wounds, shot twice and still got two of the BGs, good for him. He most likely saved his and his co-workers life. It's too bad they moved to that motel because there was a shooting at the previous one they were staying, rough area I guess.
Old June 15, 2009, 11:13 AM   #10
wickedrider

Guilty of what? Guilty of protecting his co-worker and himself? Not in this case. Sounds like a good shoot all of the way around.
Old June 15, 2009, 12:35 PM   #11
samurai30047

Case still unheard

As far as I know the pharmacist hasn't gone to court yet. Seems to me he's still entitled to his day in court, regardless of what anyone else says.
Old June 15, 2009, 01:01 PM   #12
wickedrider

I agree that deaths such as these should not be celebrated. I am not chest thumpin' that a person is dead. Just appreciative of the fact that someone who was not committing a crime of violence was able to protect himself. I don't like loss of life, whether it be by natural causes or not. But I don't like to hear of homicides where people are in their home (or legal domicile) and that sanctuary is criminally broken into where the occupants are seriously injured or killed. Within the past month, there were three publicly reported break-ins of this nature, (the others were houses). An elderly woman was pistol whipped and her husband pistol whipped and killed. I am not saying that these were the same kids and I feel for their families.

Unfortunately, I am living in a situation where I have to worry about such things daily. I wish that I didn't, but I do.
Old June 15, 2009, 01:47 PM   #13
spacemanspiff

You forgot 'Tried by 12 instead of carried by 6!'

Except in my case I'd need 12 people to carry my fat carcass.
Old June 15, 2009, 01:51 PM   #14
JagFarlane

Wish I could say I was surprised at this. Norfolk's been on a drastic decline in the last year or so. I live on what was usually a quiet street, most of you have seen the thread regarding what happened in our house, and about a month ago, a couple teens went up and down the road, stealing radios and stereo equipment out of cars during the night.
The gang element has been building up slowly in the area. I know it was once reported that MS13 was closing in on here. Ocean View used to be the big attraction area, and that went downhill fast.

What I liked about the report, is how the co-worker interviewed kept going on how good a guy the CCW holder is, how good a work ethic he has, and stating that having the firearm saved his life. Good on the shooter that he was able to keep his wits about him, and protect both himself and his roommate.
Old June 15, 2009, 02:30 PM   #15
Glenn E. Meyer
Staff

Let's move this discussion out of middle school. Blood lust about killing is not a real contribution to a T and T discussion.

And it also leads to detention - if you get my drift.
http://www.teddytactical.com/archive...11_Feature.htm
Being an Active Shooter
Old June 15, 2009, 03:37 PM   #16
Creature

I wonder what kind of guns were involved...