The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 30, 2009, 01:07 PM   #1
Stillhunter

Bushnell 3200,s

Can anyone give some info on why the bushnell,s 3200,are going so cheap on e-bay ? Are they made in china ?,closeouts?,quality problems? I,m in the market for a new scope for my howa 300 win mag and was looking at the 3200 series ,but the prices have dropped so low it throws up a red flag for me.
Old June 2, 2009, 10:36 PM   #2
mikejonestkd

I have no idea why they are coming down in price on ebay, in fact they seem to be priced about the same they always have been, compared to major retailers.

I have several 3200s and they are nicely made scopes for the money. I would rank them up with the leupold VX-II, Nikon Monarch, burris signature in terms of brightness and clarity.

Iv'e yet to have a problem with any of them. They are made in Japan btw, like many other big name scopes these days.

Edit: in fact, the " buy it now " prices are above what you can get them for at SWFA, opticsplanet, or bearbasin.
Old June 2, 2009, 10:51 PM   #3
5whiskey

I noticed this as well not long ago. I also noticed that the shipping price would also come close to equaling the total price from optics planet. Fine scope they are. I trust bushnell more than leupold personally. Why? Ask Leupold where they get the lens from (no, it's not bushnell but Leupold doesn't make their own either)
Old June 2, 2009, 10:57 PM   #4
kmullins

Quote:
Edit: in fact, the " buy it now " prices are above what you can get them for at SWFA, opticsplanet, or bearbasin.
No way. SWFA lists the Bushnell 3200 Elite 5-15x40mm riflescope with Multi-X reticle for $339.95, yet I could do "Buy It Now" on eBay from a respectable seller for $270?

That is a $69.95 difference. Not sure where you got your prices from. I would not think twice before buying from eBay (if it is a respectable seller). If you have a problem with the scope, they are going to tell you to do the same thing anyways: go through the manufacturer.
Old June 3, 2009, 06:29 PM   #5
mikejonestkd

Quote:
No way. SWFA lists the Bushnell 3200 Elite 5-15x40mm riflescope with Multi-X reticle for $339.95, yet I could do "Buy It Now" on eBay from a respectable seller for $270?
the remarks about who has the best price are are irrelevant, they are nicely made scopes for the money and if you can get it for a good price on an ebay retailer, or another souce then good for you!!

Last edited by mikejonestkd; June 3, 2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old June 4, 2009, 10:22 PM   #6
Stillhunter

Thank,s for the info,so I guess I,m being to cautious,but now I seen where a respectable seller on e-bay is selling a Pentax 4.5x14x42 pioneer and advertising that it is ,and I qoute,very,very,very,very very similar to the Burris Fullfield II Duplex 200181. Is it true?