The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old May 11, 2009, 07:38 PM   #1
malachi

trouble changing email address

I'm not sure why I can't seem to doing this. Would someone mind walking me through this please.
Thanks
Old May 11, 2009, 11:25 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

Sure - open the "User CP", select "Edit Email & Password". Enter your current password at the top, leave the Edit Password section empty, then enter your new email address twice in the indicated section. (You may or may not also have to answer a generic question meant to fluster any spambots.)

Assuming you have entered a valid email address, you will soon receive an activation email at the new address. Follow the instructions in that email to re-activate your account. If you don't receive the email, I would suspect some sort of spam filter is blocking the email from us. So if you change the address and don't receive the email, see if thefiringline.com can be added to a list of accepted sites. If you run into trouble after the change, let us know by emailing [email protected] or you can email me at my address of record here.
Old May 21, 2009, 11:23 AM   #3
malachi

Thankyou kindly, that worked.