The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 8, 2009, 02:59 PM   #1
HisSoldier

Ruger MkIII trigger extension

I added a reset distance screw to my Ruger MkIII Target pistol last night. Then when I tried to insert the magazine it wouldn't go it. It seems they added another lawyer device, the trigger has a little extension at the back that fits into a cutout on the magazine, if the magazine isn't all the way in the trigger can't be pulled.
Well, when I limited the reset movement to it's bare minimum that tab interfered with magazine insertion. No biggy, I ground the tab off. But now I'm wondering what other lawyer devices I didn't know about. So far I've removed the magazine safety, the key safety, the loaded chamber indicator and that tab.
Did the MkII trigger have that tab?
I have CNC produced 416 stainless triggers to replace the plastic triggers on Colt Mustangs, Mustang Plus II's, MK IV Government .380's and Sig P-238's. Video on installation in Sig;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh2v_-87DRM
Old May 8, 2009, 05:58 PM   #2
Slopemeno

Mk-II's didn't have any of that stuff. If you're going to trick one out that's probably the gun to look for. Keep in mind it's hard to wear a .22 out, so a rough looking gun may still shoot really well.
Old May 8, 2009, 07:42 PM   #3
HisSoldier

Yeah, any gun I tear apart 50 times starts to look pretty rough anyway.
I have CNC produced 416 stainless triggers to replace the plastic triggers on Colt Mustangs, Mustang Plus II's, MK IV Government .380's and Sig P-238's. Video on installation in Sig;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh2v_-87DRM