The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old May 6, 2009, 04:59 PM   #1
cloud8a

Deleting acct.

how do you delete your account?
Old May 6, 2009, 05:33 PM   #2
pax

Just quit posting. No deletion needed.

pax
Old May 8, 2009, 03:02 PM   #3
Stick_man

why?

The question I have is "Why would you want to delete your account?" This site has tons of great information being swapped back and forth all the time. If you ever want to contribute as well, you would need an account. If you don't want to show activity, you can always surf the site without logging in or surf it "incognito".

The only reason I could think of would be out of fear that "Big Brother" is watching and would come in and steal all the user information and call everybody extreme radicals.
Old May 9, 2009, 12:01 AM   #4
Mike Irwin
Staff

Often someone wants their account deleted because they've gotten into a snit over some of our policies here.

Just a few weeks ago we were threatened with a lawsuit because we refused to remove a former member's messages (several hundred of them, IIRC).

He was claiming dominion over them as his "work products" and was tossing an (his or random?) attorney's name around as if it had weight or meaning.

As far as I know, we're still waiting for service of notice of suit. I think we'll be waiting a LONG time, as I have no doubt that any attorney worth his/her salt told him what an idiot he is and refused to waste his money.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.