The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old April 7, 2009, 02:50 PM   #1
SkySlash

Nancy Pelosi's ABC Interview on Gun Control

Moderator: I didn't put this in "Law & Civil Rights" because it is more of a general discussion topic, in my mind. If you disagree, please move if necessary.

I stumbled acrosss this video today, and it has some new commentary from Pelosi that is definitely interesting and worthy of noting.

Video Link

She was being very careful in how she responded to questions, but what she said made it abundantly clear that there will still be some kind of continued gun control efforts in the near future. What they will be is unclear, but her comments speak for themselves.

She stated that she is aware that the recent SCOTUS decision on Heller "gave people more rights to guns" and that we "just have to reach a compromise." Guess she isn't aware that the Bill of Rights tells the government what it can't do, not what the people can. :barf:

She also mentioned that 53 people have died due to gun violence over the past few weeks due to rage shooters, and said we "just have to think about ways to make people rethink their views on gun safety."

Here are some specific quotes she made, that she didn't provide any additional context for:

Quote:
"We want them (guns) registered."

"They (gun owners/congressman supporting gun rights) have to compromise."

"The ball is in our court (sic) on the Assault Weapons Ban."
Sound like Pelosi is "throwing cold water" on any new gun control? Doesn't to me...

-SS
There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.
Old April 7, 2009, 02:58 PM   #2
buzz_knox

She also made clear she wants registration and "prohibitions" on taking firearms across state lines.

Gun control is back on the table. It's time to see if the pro-gun blue dogs will live up to the hype or not.
Old April 7, 2009, 03:05 PM   #3
Tom2

She will be on Larry King tonight. For those of you who cannot get enough of either of them, what a matchup!:barf:
Old April 7, 2009, 03:17 PM   #4
alloy

Quote:
Gun control is back on the table.
We don't call it gun control anymore...it's been renamed gun safety.
Noticed she referenced gun safety in that interview.
Found these hunting info on Virginia's upcoming gubernatorial race, and noticed that the change has been made, her interview...brought these old articles to mind.
http://www.ndol.org/ndol_ci.cfm?kaid...contentid=3560
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20...uns/index.html

Not trying to post politics, just posting the articles to show the new catch phrase gun safety....and yeah, that's what she's talkin bout. "Carefully worded"...but it's the same old agenda.

Last edited by alloy; April 7, 2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old April 7, 2009, 04:25 PM   #5
Chris_B

A child with understanding of the actual issues involved would defeat her in a debate

Any fool can see that making a thing more illegal does not rid the country of that illegal thing...she speaks as if there was just some accidental discharges of firearms that caused some oopsies...gun safety is not the issue here, and neither is so-called "gun control"

My two cents is that every time she enters a municpal building, she is patted down by several cops who don't care what her name is, her handbag is examined and x-rayed, she goes through a metal detector, the dogs give her a good sniff, she is photographed and the time of her entry and egress is noted and signed by her as acknowledgment of her movements. Every day she must submit a signed statement saying she was involved in no unlawful violent activities for the previous day and it must be filed in triplicate with her home records, state and federal branches

Fairis fair. She should be willing to undergo this routine if she truly feels her line of rhetoric makes things "safe". After all, she is a citizen with a right to bear arms just like me, who knows when SHE might be negligent about gun safety? Maybe she even has a few unregistered firearms. Her house should be searched nightly by the BATFE. Set the example, Nancy
Old April 7, 2009, 05:57 PM   #6
22-rimfire

I think gun control is back. It was only a matter of time. The Democrats passed the tax on tobacco and the president signed it. They will pass gun control legislation and the president will sign it. In return they will give him what he wants legislatively. This pretty much assumes Republicans are as powerless as they act since the election. Funny. I remember the Democrats not being so powerless when the Republicans took control of both houses.
Old April 7, 2009, 06:01 PM   #7
RockyMtnTactical

Get ready for a fight gentlemen. Write, call, email. Don't give up. The dems know this is a precarious situation and we have got to let them know that there will be repercussions should they decide to take away our constitutional rights. Don't give up an inch!!
Old April 7, 2009, 07:03 PM   #8
flippycat

And fight indeed we will try, the problem is no one will get the exposure like the antis will to combat it.

Sites http://www.ireport.com/ would be a perfect venue and is highly viewed and backed by cnn. Biden is actually going to address some of those there.

We as a whole need to use the web in a viewable viral way, not just emails. Videos that are about the facts in a sincere manner. I have watched a lot of them and they are swaying for the most part. BUT the issue is some people just cannot keep their high emotions out of some of the videos they make and it is actually a hinder then a help and make us look like basement dwelling kook pots.

Something that is INVITING to the antis to participate in as well.

Head to head video debates on gun control BY THE PEOPLE only could draw a huge following.

lol I know some of the bearded hunters are not as highly polished and manicured like some of the Abercrombie & Fitch Anti Lobbyists but a solid voice with a face to it is highly moving! Which I believe is why they get the backing they do. We need to really use the tools we have and that are used against us in the fight for our rights to make a difference!
Old April 7, 2009, 09:33 PM   #9
fawcettlee

What a crock!

The US Congress has meddled in DC governance many times in the past, regardless of whether its been a Democrat or Republican led Congress.
Old April 7, 2009, 11:28 PM   #10
alan

Re the "compromise" spoken of by House Speaker Pelosi, the following comes to mind. What might it be that the antis are willing/prepared to give up in this compromise. Might be interesting to hear details.
Old April 7, 2009, 11:44 PM   #11
RockyMtnTactical

Ooohhh, yeah. Maybe we could trade bayonet lugs for full autos!!
Old April 7, 2009, 11:48 PM   #12
chemgirlie

Should we compromise on free speech or due process? What exactly should people be giving up to get more gun control?
Old April 8, 2009, 12:15 AM   #13
Shadi Khalil

I have come up with a comprimise...Lets load this old bag into a catapult and send her back were from she came/belongs. Canada. She is your problem now, buddies....

OK, wishful thinking...
Old April 8, 2009, 12:26 AM   #14
Huey Long

Quote:
"They (gun owners/congressman supporting gun rights) have to compromise."
There are already thousands of unconstitutional gun laws on the books. We have compromised enough. No more.
Old April 8, 2009, 12:30 AM   #15
Rich Miranda

Quote:
Lets load this old bag into a catapult and send her back were from she came/belongs. Canada.
OK, I have to confess that this made me laugh loud enough to wake up my son.

BHO hinted at it during the election, Pelosi confirms it with this interview. On top of that, the fact that they have a sneaky new catchword to trick the public into buying their agenda is proof that they have a plan. I'd say that we need some more guys on watch for a while.

+1 to the call, write, email your representatives thought.
Old April 8, 2009, 01:00 AM   #16
Flumph

Buy 'em up now, boys...

They'll be gone soon.
Old April 8, 2009, 07:41 AM   #17
Bartholomew Roberts

Pelosi has always supported gun control; the question is whether she supports Democratic control of the House and Senate more than she supports gun control. If the answer to this is "no", then this is just political posturing by Pelosi, much the same as George W. Bush saying he would sign an AWB if it reached his desk (knowing full well that would not happen). Pelosi has to keep her base happy same as any other politician while dealing with practical realities - and her base includes a fair amount of antis.

Now if Pelosi does prefer more gun control over extending/maintaining control, then she has two practical problems. One is that 65 Democratic Representatives have signed a letter saying they won't support an AWB. That means Pelosi needs to twist 35 arms hard enough to get the votes she needs to pass the House. In the meantime, Nancy is already facing an uphill battle to hold seats during the midterm election - a stunt like this will practically guarantee the Dems lose seats during the midterms.

Even if it passes the House, she then has Sen. Harry Reid as the Senate Majority leader. Reid has always opposed the AWB and represents Nevada. Without Reid's support, an AWB will have a very difficult time making it through the Senate and Reid will be under a spotlight from gun rights groups. So Pelosi could twist arms and lose seats in the midterm and still get shut down in the Senate. Frankly, I don't see it happening this round. Pelosi may be a lot of things; but she didn't get to be House leader without understanding the practical realities of politics.

We have the power to stop any AWB as it stands right now just by contacting our representatives and letting them know where we stand (doubly so if you live in Nevada or have a pro-gun Dem for a Representative). All we have to do is use it and we can easily block an AWB until at least February 2011.
Old April 8, 2009, 08:26 AM   #18
Beetmagnet

I know I may be new on this forum...but I will say that now is the time to act. With all the negative coverage lately and all the shootings I would say that we need to contact our elected representatives a minimum of once a week for the time being. This includes National and State representatives. Especially with this new hit piece coming out on 20/20 this Friday night by Diane Sawyer. Apathy now will have dire consequences in a short period of time.

And another thing...if you happen to listen to talk radio and you should happen to hear discussions on gun crimes, and gun control it would be advantageous to call aggressively and get the pro-gun view in the debate. This is especially important if the show you're listening to is a local or regional show. Someone once told me that if you don't want to sound like a buffoon when you call in to these shows, that you should put some facts and clever comments down on an index card and have it handy when phone in.

Anyway...that's just my two cents.
Old April 8, 2009, 09:45 AM   #19
buzz_knox

When writing/calling, remember that there are other things in play than the RKBA. Keep the tragedies in mind and focus on how we shouldn't let the tragedies be compounded by compromising our rights in a fit of outrage. If we simply demand our rights not be infringed upon, we lose any hope of attaining or holding the high ground.
Old April 8, 2009, 02:53 PM   #20
NY Patriot

The Essential "Stop the AW Ban" Contact List & Sample Letter Thread!

Once again the politicians need to hear the crux of the issue loud & clear!!!

... And they need to hear it NOW!!!

Here is the essential list of "they":

President Barack H. Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Senator Harry Reid
Senate Majority Leader
528 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510-2803
Phone: (202) 224-3542
Fax: (202) 224-7327

Senator Dick Durbin
Assistant Majority Leader
309 Hart Senate Bldg.
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-2152
Fax: (202) 228-0400

Senator Mitch McConnell
Senate Minority Leader
361A Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510-1702
Phone: (202) 224-2541
Fax: (202) 224-2499

Senator Jon Kyl
Assistant Minority Leader
730 Hart Senate Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
Phone: (202) 224-4521
Fax: (202) 224-2207

Representative Nancy Pelosi
Speaker of the House of Representatives
235 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515-0508
Phone: (202) 225-4965
Fax: (202) 225-8259

Representative Steny H. Hoyer
House Majority Leader
1705 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515-2005
Phone: (202) 225-4131
Fax: (202) 225-4300

Representative John A. Boehner
House Minority Leader
1011 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515-3508
Phone: (202) 225-6205
Fax: (202) 225-0704

Representative Eric Cantor
House Minority Whip
329 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-2815
Fax: (202) 225-0011

In case you don't know who your personal Reps. & Senators are, or how to contact them...

Locate & Contact YOUR Senators & Reps. HERE

And...

Use a Free 30 Day Trial of Efax to tell these bastards NO to gun control!

This is what you tell them:

Quote:
Honorable Senator/Congressman XXX

As a registered voter & concerned American, I am writing because I am appalled by the opportunistic push for more Federal gun control, and I want you to understand, in no uncertain terms, that further infringements on the right to keep & bear arms will simply not be tolerated.

Using the deplorable actions of certifiable madmen as justification to deprive law abiding citizens of their Second Amendment freedoms is not only morally repugnant, but it will carry with it the gravest of political consequences come election day... mark my words.

Americans of all political affiliations are waking up to the realization that they are ultimately responsible for their own safety & security, and they are arming themselves in record numbers. Thus, you embrace the concept of gun control at your own risk. Voters have long memories and November of 2010 is not that far away.

I, along with millions of Americans, intend to keep a close eye on how you deal with this issue in the upcoming months, so if you value your own political future, and that of your party, you will heed my advice... gun control is a losing issue!

Respectfully,

Quote:
Honorable Senator/Congressperson XXX,

As a registered voter & politically active American, I strongly urge you to oppose any & all efforts to enact new Federal gun control measures.

I could argue that most (if not all) Federal gun control legislation constitutes an unambiguous and unconstitutional infringement of our Second Amendment freedoms...but I won't at this time.

Instead I'll be more pragmatic and point out the following: The support & passage of any new gun control measures will very likely effect the balance of power in the U.S. House and Senate come the 2010 elections. In short, gun control is a losing issue!

For the sake of perspective, I will point out that the 1994 Federal "Assault Weapons" ban was originally passed in a Democrat-controlled Congress by a very slim margin and by a slightly larger margin in the Senate.

The result... In the 1994 national elections, three months after passage, the Democrats lost nine seats in the Senate and 54 seats in the House. There is no denying that gun control, specifically the "Assault Weapons" ban" was a very large part of why the Democrats lost the House for the first time in 50 years. Former President Bill Clinton once even estimated that voting for the ban cost 20+ Democrat Representatives their seats.

Senator/Congressperson XXX, I speak for many gun owning & non-gun owning Americans alike, when I say that how you & your colleagues handle this issue will deeply influence our actions in the voting booth come November of next year. You must understand that we will no longer tolerate the infringement of that which "...shall not be infringed."

Thus, I implore you to do everything within your power to ensure that any efforts to enact new Federal gun control measures will be rebuffed.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Quote:
Dear Senator/Congressman XXX,

I want to make it abundantly clear that America’s gun owners expect you to respect & defend their Second Amendment freedoms in spite of the hysteria & hyperbole surrounding this issue. Any attempts to pass new Federal gun control legislation will be remembered none too fondly on election day, 2010.

Please understand that our frustration stems from years of incremental erosion to our God given and constitutionally acknowledged personal freedoms. Any attempts to further weaken our right to keep & bear arms will be viewed as a rejection of our nation’s founding principals, and as a betrayal of the millions of American gun owners who work, raise families, pay taxes, and most importantly… vote!

Thus, I implore you to stand in opposition to any and all attempts to pass new restrictive gun control legislation. Your sworn oath to the Constitution and your obligation to this Republic’s law abiding citizens hang in the balance. And if that's not motivation enough, know this: Your support of gun control may cost you your next election.

Thank you for your time, and I would greatly appreciate a reply in order to learn your position on this very important issue.

Sincerely,

Quote:
Dear Senator/Congressman XXXXX,

This letter is in reference to any legislation currently being introduced in the House/Senate that would further infringe on every American's constitutionally protected right to keep & bear arms. I demand that you OPPOSE any & all measures aimed at stripping away our freedoms in the name of "gun control."

I have decided that I am now a one-issue voter. I do this because I’m a law-abiding citizen who is sick and tired of having his rights stripped away by people that are ignorant on the subject. Those that take the time to study the issue of "gun control" know that when you restrict the right to self-defense from lawful citizens, crime actually increases in those areas. This is because by definition, criminals do not obey the law (if they did, they would not be criminals.) I do not believe that restrictive "gun control" measures have ever saved a life. In point of fact, gun control actually costs lives, as it denies people the tools necessary to defend themselves.

I want to be perfectly clear here... elected officials and political candidates who support ANY form of restrictive gun control WILL LOSE MY VOTE and the votes of my family members. Please do your part to cast the flawed concept of "gun control" on to the ash heap of failed ideas.

Best regards,

Quote:
Honorable Senator/Congressman XXX,

As an avid sportsman and registered voter, I want to encourage you to work against the passage of any & all legislation that threatens to infringe upon every American’s constitutionally acknowledged right to keep & bear arms.

I fear that if left unchecked, gun control measures will continue to worsen to the point that the right to bear arms will be a hollow concept, and the individual citizen’s right to personal protection will be further negated. Rather than further limiting the types of weapons that honest, responsible, law-abiding citizens have the right to possess; I encourage you to focus your energies on increasing the consequences for those who illegally use firearms in the commission of violent crimes.

Senator/Congressman XXX, I must implore you to stand in opposition to any legislation that threatens to strangle my God given rights. I believe that you and your party will benefit by gaining the favor of gun owners such as myself and the millions of other Americans who step up to actively support their Second Amendment freedoms. I am deeply passionate about this issue, and I know several others who take gun control into serious consideration when entering the voting booth.

You only stand to benefit by supporting our inalienable right to bear arms.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Quote:
Honorable Senator/Congressman XXX

As a registered voter & concerned American, I am writing because I am appalled by politicians who want to use the recent rash of shootings as an opportunity to push for more federal gun control. I want you to understand, in no uncertain terms, that I will not vote for a politician that approves of further infringements on my right to keep & bear arms.

Using the actions of madmen & criminals as justification to deprive law abiding American citizens of their Second Amendment rights is morally repugnant. Rather than passing new laws that infringe on the rights of honest, responsible, and law-abiding citizens; I encourage you to focus your energies on enforcing current Federal laws and further increasing the penalties for those who illegally posses firearms or use them in the commission of a crime.

Americans are waking up to the realization that they are ultimately responsible for their own safety & security, and they are arming themselves in record numbers. Thus, I implore you to do everything within your power to ensure that any efforts to enact new Federal gun control measures will be rebuked.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply.

Respectfully,

Feel free to mix & match and cut & paste these letters in any way you see fit. Also, please add your own unique sample letters for others to draw ideas & inspiration from.

And if you're not already a member, now would be the perfect time to Join the NRA

Freedom beckons yet again my friends... will you heed its call?

Molon Labe!

Last edited by NY Patriot; April 8, 2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old April 8, 2009, 06:09 PM   #21
Bud Helms
Staff

Threads merged.
Old April 8, 2009, 06:49 PM   #22
popeyespappy

After Attorney General Eric Holder's recent remarks about reinstating the assault weapons ban, Congressman Mike Ross of Arkansas drafted a letter to Mr. Holder stating his opposition to any such legislation. 64 other democratic congress members added their signatures to Congressman Ross’ letter. These 65 democrats are on our side and without the support of a majority of them there is little hope for legislation reinstating the assault weapons ban. I suggest anyone living in the districts represented by these congressmen and women contact them, thank them for their position on this issue and ask them to stick to their guns.

1. Mike Ross (D-AR)
2. Tim Holden (D-PA)
3. Jerry Costello (D-IL)
4. Jim Matheson (D-UT)
5. Sanford Bishop (D-GA)
6. John Dingell (D-MI)
7. Marion Berry (D-AR)
8. Nick Rahall (D-WV)
9. Gene Green (D-TX)
10. Chet Edwards (D-TX)
11. Ciro Rodriguez (D-TX)
12. Gene Taylor (D-MS)
13. Bart Stupak (D-MI)
14. Collin Peterson (D-MN)
15. Harry Teague (D-NM)
16. John Tanner (D-TN)
17. Allen Boyd (D-FL)
18. Dennis Cardoza (D-CA)
19. Eric Massa (D-NY)
20. Steve Kagen, M.D. (D-WI)
21. Betsy Markey (D-CO)
22. Paul Hodes (D-NH)
23. Ron Kind (D-WI)
24. Peter Welch (D-VT)
25. Leonard Boswell (D-IA)
26. Tim Ryan (D-OH)
27. Walt Minnick (D-ID)
28. John Boccieri (D-OH)
29. Joe Donnelly (D-IN)
30. Tom Perriello (D-VA)
31. Earl Pomeroy (D-ND)
32. Ben Chandler (D-KY)
33. Martin Heinrich (D-NM)
34. Debbie Halvorson (D-IL)
35. Travis Childers (D-MS)
36. Tim Walz (D-MN)
37. Peter DeFazio (D-OR)
38. Solomon Ortiz (D-TX)
39. Paul Kanjorski (D-PA)
40. Rick Boucher (D-VA)
41. Mike McIntyre (D-NC)
42. John Murtha (D-PA)
43. Bart Gordon (D-TN)
44. Zach Space (D-OH)
45. Alan Mollohan (D-WV)
46. Lincoln Davis (D-TN)
47. Artur Davis (D-AL)
48. Charlie Melancon (D-LA)
49. John Barrow (D-GA)
50. Christopher Carney (D-PA)
51. Dan Boren (D-OK)
52. Parker Griffith (D-AL)
53. Charlie Wilson (D-OH)
54. Heath Shuler (D-NC)
55. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin (D-SD)
56. Jim Marshall (D-GA)
57. Jason Altmire (D-PA)
58. Larry Kissell (D-NC)
59. John Salazar (D-CO)
60. Brad Ellsworth (D-IN)
61. Frank Kratovil (D-MD)
62. Glenn Nye (D-VA)
63. Bobby Bright (D-AL)
64. Ann Kirkpatrick (D-AZ)
65. Joe Baca (D-CA)
Old April 8, 2009, 11:08 PM   #23
alan

Rec'd the following today, and wonder as to the following: Who might this "we" be, and why "we want them registered", other than to facilitate confiscation. After all, I presume that there already a plethora of file cabinets just full of useless, unused forms and documents scattered throughout various government agencies.

NEWS RELEASE
PELOSI: 'WE WANT REGISTRATION'; HOLDER: 2A WON'T 'STAND IN THE WAY'; SAF: 'GLOVES ARE OFF'
BELLEVUE, WA – Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on April 7 acknowledged that gun registration is on her agenda, days after Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters in Mexico that the Second Amendment would not “stand in the way” of administration plans to crack down on alleged gun trafficking to Mexico.

“These are alarming remarks from Speaker Pelosi and Attorney General Holder,” said Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb. “It appears that the Obama administration and Capitol Hill anti-gunners have dropped all pretences about their plans for gun owners’ rights, and it looks like the gloves are coming off.”

Pelosi’s revelation came during an interview on ABC’s Good Morning, America. While insisting that Congress “never denied” the gun rights of American Citizens, Pelosi told Roberts, “We want them registered. We don’t want them crossing state linesÂ…” Gottlieb noted that citizens’ rights do not stop at state lines.

“But that doesn’t really matter,” he observed. “History has shown that around the world, registration has always led to confiscation.”

In Mexico, according to the Wall Street Journal, Holder was asked if the administration might encounter constitutional issues as it tries to crack down on alleged gun trafficking. His response: “I don’t think our Second Amendment will stand in the way of efforts we have begun and will expand upon.”

“These comments belie administration promises and Democrat rhetoric that party leaders respect the rights of law-abiding Americans to own the firearm of their choice,” Gottlieb said. “They imposed registration of semi-autos in Pelosi’s California and it led to a ban, but it certainly didn’t disarm criminals, like the convicted felon who killed four Oakland police officers last month. We know from Holder that the Obama administration wants to renew the nationwide ban on such firearms, but that won’t prevent crime, either.

“The administration and Congressional anti-gunners have declared war on gun rights,” Gottlieb said. “The press seems deliberately blind to the statements from Pelosi and Holder, who blame our gun rights for their incompetence in dealing with crime. More than 90 million gun owners haven’t hurt anybody, and they are tired of being treated like criminals.”

These Dogs Don't Hunt: The Democrats' War on Guns

This book is a must read for every gun owner concerned about the election results.
Buy now at a discount
from www.amazon.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
< Please e-mail, distribute, and circulate to friends and family >
Copyright © 2009 Second Amendment Foundation, All Rights Reserved.

Second Amendment Foundation
James Madison Building
12500 N.E. Tenth Place
Bellevue, WA 98005 Voice: 425-454-7012
Toll Free: 800-426-4302
FAX: 425-451-3959
email: InformationRequest@saf.org

To stop receiving these alerts, send an email to safalerts@liberty.seanet.com with REMOVE in the subject line. This email was sent to alan202@verizon.net. To ensure removal, please include this address in your reply.
To ensure your alerts are delivered to your inbox (and not inadvertently diverted to a bulk or junk email folder by spam filters), be sure to add safalerts@liberty.seanet.com to your email address book or contact list.
Old April 8, 2009, 11:21 PM   #24
Ruger4570

I sometimes wonder. I have said for years that no NY pistol permit holder has commited a crime, well I guess that argument is lost. The nut job in Binghamton blew that away. Maybe he was a Commie from Viet Nam after all.
I don't know why the Gooberment thinks Gun Conrtrol is the answer to everything. There is a certain amount of Nut Jobs out there that will do crazy things, it isn't the gun, it is the "people' that do these crazy things.
Old April 8, 2009, 11:26 PM   #25
Playboypenguin

The whole interview sounded like a politician saying as little as they could and as vaguely as they could to still pander to their gun grabbing Cali voters without backing themselves into too much of a corner. She knows any type of gun control would be suicide right now and would insure a republican landslide during mid-term elections but she needed to save face in front of the hippies and flower children that put her in office.
Closed Thread