The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 6, 2009, 08:43 AM   #1
cherrick

Charles Daly vs Pedersoli

I'm in the market for an 1874 Sharps 45/70 BPCR. What are the relative merits of the Charles Daly (not the "little" Sharps) versus the Pedersoli imports? Is the Daly well made?
Old April 6, 2009, 09:09 AM   #2
sundance44s

The Daley 1874 Sharps is made by ArmiSport ..............I have one .......mine is a nice rifle fit and finish .....the innards are well hardened .....and I``m very pleased with mine .......the stock finish on mine ..was something like 30 w motor oil .............I cleaned it off and hand rubbed a tru oil finish on my stocks .........it looks much better now ...
I`ve heard others say the ArmiSport sharps can be a crap shoot ....not my experience at all ...my rifle was made 2004 .
Old April 6, 2009, 11:27 AM   #3
longranger

Get the Pedersoli if you have to have an Italian Sharps, much better barrel.I have not heard of any Armi Sports winning any matches.Plenty of the Pedersoli's shooting respectable scores.
Old April 6, 2009, 07:00 PM   #4
sundance44s

I thought shooters won matches ....
I guess if you can`t shoot well ...buy a shot gun .
Old April 12, 2009, 09:47 AM   #5
alemonkey

The general consensus is that the Pedersoli rifles are the best of the Italian imports. I've heard mixed reviews on the Armi Sports, with some good and some bad. For casual shooting the Armi Sport would probably be ok. If you were planning on doing any competition I'd go with the Pedersoli - Cabelas is advertising the Pedersoli Hunter model for $899, which is a pretty darn good price.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1

My Pedersoli does not have quite as good fit & finish as the American made Sharps reproductions, but seems to shoot about as well.