The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 5, 2009, 06:33 PM   #1
craigs

Bernardelli model 80 .380

Hi, I am new to this site. Not sure how to get a question submitted, but here goes. I have inherited a Bernardelli Model 80 .380. I have no information on it and would like to get some info before I start shooting it. I have tried quite a few sites including Bernardelli's site and it seems they now just make shotguns. The semi automatic pistol was originally imported by Interarms LTD, but I can't find any info on their site. I am primarily looking for an owners manual or just basic info on the pistol. Can anyone out there help me? I am not sure where to look on this site for a response, but I suppose I will find it if it is there right?
Thanks,
Craigs
Old April 5, 2009, 07:08 PM   #2
Groundhog34

If my memory serves me correctly they were made in the 1970. They were a low end Italian pistol that was usable for right handed shooters. The quality was fair, reliabilty hit or miss. They felt good in the hand as long as you were right handed unfortunatly I am not. Probably sold for about $125 NIB. Shoot it ifit works and you like it keep it if not now is the time to trade it in.
Old April 5, 2009, 08:03 PM   #3
Bill DeShivs

Bernardelli (the original company) built extremely high quality guns. Their shotguns cost over $7000 in the 1970s. The Model 80 came with thumbrest grips which earned it importation "points" under the GCA '68. The grips are easily changed.
Old April 5, 2009, 08:34 PM   #4
ftd

There is a forum, http://forums.gunboards.com/ , that has an Italian Firearms forum with at least one recent tread concerning the model 80. Hope you can find more info.
Old April 6, 2009, 09:25 AM   #5
Que

I own one of these and would put the quality a good bit above fair, very good approaching excellent. Not quite Walther PPK, but getting there. Bernadellis can often be had for excellent prices as the US shooter/collector generally knows little about them and their quality.

Here's a photo of mine along with some of my other semi-autos that show their lineage to the PPK.

Old July 26, 2012, 10:16 AM   #6
speedcrank

bernardelli mod. 80

hi guys.. the second pistol i ever bought was a bernardelli mod 80, .380. this was back in the day, about 1983. at that time i think i paid $160 for it brand new! i would say the quality and finish were not up to beretta standards, but it functioned perfectly with hardball and hollowpoints of every make i tried. the trigger was pretty crude, stiff and a bit gritty. that's about the only complaint i had with it, but then it wasn't a target pistol. i would say if you can find one in the $150-200 range, go for it.