The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old April 2, 2009, 08:02 PM   #1
robfromga

i swear, it just followed me home!

this will be my new CC, know the love/hate people have with glocks. my 1st glock, wife has a 19 that i shoot some. Got it for 519 +tax not a smoken deal, but Ive seen worse.

Old April 2, 2009, 08:04 PM   #2
Cuban_Homer

Sweet! Congrats. It will be such a good feeling when my first gun follows me home.
Old April 2, 2009, 08:17 PM   #3
scorpion_tyr

It's amazing how something without legs can go fast enough to follow someone home. Congrats!
Old April 2, 2009, 09:15 PM   #4
Chesster

Congrats. Give it a lots of attention and feed it well and it will stay.
Vote 'Pro-Choice' on 2nd Amendment issues!!!
Old April 2, 2009, 09:47 PM   #5
robfromga

cant feed it 'till tomorrow afternoon, but it got a nice cleaning
Old April 2, 2009, 10:57 PM   #6
ChicagoTex

Can't tell specifically, but judging by the cartridges in the background, I'm assuming that's a G27?

Anyway, I think you'll like it quite a bit. I find myself carrying my G26 more than anything else simply because it's such a flexible size. I can stick a pearce-extended mag on and carry it in a belt holster, or I can go with a flush-fitting mag and do pocket carry.

I own nothing else with that kind of flexibility.
Old April 2, 2009, 11:05 PM   #7
amtt81

I dont think you did bad on the price.

I wish that followed me home today!
Old April 3, 2009, 12:09 AM   #8
ChicagoTex

Quote:
I dont think you did bad on the price.
He paid exactly what I did for my G26 new last year. In the current political climate, not too shabby at all.
Old April 3, 2009, 06:31 AM   #9
Kreyzhorse

Congrats. Despite the love/hate thing, Glocks are well made reliable guns. I've got a 22 and while it isn't the jewel of my collection, it's reliable and I wouldn't trade any thing for it.
Old April 3, 2009, 07:16 AM   #10
robfromga

It is a 27. Pierce extender is on order. I got it at Academy, I had been shopping for a new CC and had been to all the local shops and saw a 27 for 599. Just for the heck of it I called Academy. Couldn't believe the price, thought the guy mis-quoted it. Never really was too impressed with the big "a". They even had their fair share of ammo...

Another caliber to load for

I'm not a glock hater or lover, kinda on the fence. There are lighter,slimmer, better shooters, prettier, etc guns. This one fit and my wife has a glock (that I clean) so I know what to expect out of it. When I need it to go bang, it should.
Old April 3, 2009, 07:47 AM   #11
Sevens

Quote:
know the love/hate people have with glocks
I agree, but I wonder if there are more folks like me? The "less vocal" majority on the subject: Don't love 'em, don't hate 'em.

Me, I never thought I'd want one, then I bought one, I'm happy with it because it does what I want it to do, but can't see me ever wanting or buying another. It's different than all my other guns... it's much more a tool than a toy.
Old April 3, 2009, 11:06 AM   #12
The Great Mahoo

Nice purchase!

As to the love/hate thing, I am a bit torn myself. I never particularly cared for Glocks, but I have no reason to speak ill of them. They just never seemed to fit my hands well, nor are they much to look at. I did buy a 36, which is my main carry gun, and I am very happy with it. Must be the thinner frame of the single-stack .45, but it just feels better than most other Glocks in my hand.

I like em, but don't really plan on getting any more. Maybe a nice 10mm SF.....
Old April 3, 2009, 11:53 AM   #13
Shadi Khalil

Very nice, sub glocks are hard to come by lately, at least where I live. I never thought I'd say that.
Old April 3, 2009, 12:05 PM   #14
cerberus65

Enjoy your new toy! Uh, I mean, tool!

I'm with The Great Mahoo. The 36 fit my hand better than any of the others. I probably would have bought one if I hadn't found a good deal on a 1911. I guess that makes me a fence-sitter too. I don't love them or hate them. They're a tool that will get the job done. Now the Perfection folks kinda get on my nerves a bit... But that's really because I don't think anything's perfect.
Old April 3, 2009, 12:18 PM   #15
IMightBeWrong

Congrats on the 27! The only reason I don't own one and jumped on a 23 instead is the attachment rail. I promise, you're going to be blown away at how well your Glock handles the .40 round. Glock somehow just handles snappy rounds better than other brands.