The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old March 29, 2009, 08:05 PM   #1
RMC66

SS 44. Magnum virginian Dragoon MINT/NIB

So, here is what I have. A Virginian Dragoon that my dad just gave me for my birthday. I remember this gun when I was a kid and the day he brought it home, and i awed at it, but haven't seen it since. That's because it was stored in the safe and in it's box that it actually was shipped in!!! And hasn't come out or even seen the light of day in over 20 years!!! the factory box with Interarms symbols and such all over it and the specs on the gun inside the box. This gun has NEVER been fired, and is completely stainless and a BEAST of a revolver, it weights A LOT how much im not sure but more than any 44 I've ever held. The Barrel is 8 3/8 long. The handle is engraved with the words "Sic Semper Tyrannis" and all the paper work is there for the gun even the NRA card for becoming a memeber! Oh and it's serial number is 3024. I doubt VERY highly too many people have this gun let alone one in this condition and with everything that in came with still in perfect condition.

Let me know if your interested and want to make a serious offer I can't refuse

All that was in the two boxes

The engraving on the bottem

The Serial Number only 3024

Some of what's written on the Berrel

The shipping box and gun box both LIKE NEW no dents dings or anything!

Again let me know what you think or if your a collector/someone who might be interested

RMC
Old March 29, 2009, 09:49 PM   #2
RMC66

bump
Old March 30, 2009, 11:05 AM   #3
RMC66

No comments huh?

Old March 30, 2009, 11:09 AM   #4
bobn

this forum is not the for sale section, but i have had to sell stuff to survive. i hope i never again sell something my dad picked out special for me. its something you regret as you get older. ask me how i know. fwiw, bobn
Old March 30, 2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Sam06

My Blue Book of gun Values has a Stainless Dragoon engraved in 100% shape at $545. Add 10% for the box and all the papers and you have a Blue Book Value of just under $600. This is out of the 27th edition page 870. Note it also states that some of the early guns made by Hammerli are worth a premium over the prices listed above. That is a 7.5" barrel.

I would think you could get more than that for it though. These were well built Pistols and were fairly strong. A collector may be looking for it but I think a Premium of maybe $650.

If it came from your Dad and you are not down to scrounging in dumpsters for food yet. I would hang on to it. If nothing else get some ammo and shoot it. If you don't want it put it up for sale or try to trade it for something you do want, but I think you will regret it over the long haul.

Here are some sites with info:
http://www.singleactions.com/VADragoons.pdf

http://www.tampaforums.com/forums/sp...44-mag-330239/

Last edited by Sam06; March 30, 2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old March 31, 2009, 09:57 PM   #6
RMC66

Sam06,

Thanks for the info sam! Really appreciate it, and I am indeed having second thoughts about doing anything with the gun and really don't think unless i can get 700-750 that I would consider letting it go and I think only a true collector would give me that for it. The more I've held it this week, and the info I've found about them the more and more fond I become of this gun... if I DOOO keep it, I sure as heck wont shoot it. BUT I will probably by another one that I can shoot.

RMC
Old April 1, 2009, 12:28 AM   #7
warnerwh

That's a gun you'd regret you sold for the rest of your life, guaranteed. You will have to get money some other way unless you're going to lose your home or something.
Old April 1, 2009, 05:24 AM   #8
Sam06

RMC66, You are welcome, It was my pleasure. My 1st 44mag was one of the Hammerili guns in blue, it was stolen out of my truck when I was a kid and I wish I still had that old gun. I was deer hunting and some guy broke into my truck and took it and a shotgun I had in there. It was a very accurate and fine shooting Pistol. My Dad gave it to me for my 16th B-Day back in the early 70's. They are fine guns and I think you will like it. I have seen a few on gun broker at reasonable prices.

Sam

Tags
.44 , dragoon , magnum , perfect , virginian