The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 9, 2014, 04:42 PM   #1
Sevens

Your GUN RELATED forums user name!

This is a topic that will run the ragged edge of being ON-TOPIC enough to keep from being shut down. It will be up to us to see how far it can run before exactly that happens.

If you show up here with the user name '67 Camaro and talk about your cool car, you will direct it to the scrap heap.
If your name is not gun related, posting it & talking about it will not help.

If your name -is- gun related but it's painfully obvious, you'll be on-topic but you'll be a bore. But hey, have at it.

Fact is, we have some user names around here that may be gun related and may have a tale behind the name that could be interesting.
Frankenmauser might have a decent gun story behind it. (or maybe he was just punching keys when he signed up here, I don't know...)

Moderator 4V50 Gary just sounds to me like it might have some kind of gun-somethin' to it, but I just don't know.

Whaddya got?
Can we make it to page two without a padlock?
Old August 9, 2014, 05:55 PM   #2
kilimanjaro

Mine's Kilimanjaro. That makes me a big bore.
Old August 9, 2014, 06:08 PM   #3
Sevens

No, I would not agree.
From where I'm sitting, it's one of these:

a) not gun related, will get this thread closed
b) is gun related, and is NOT extremely obvious, which would make it interesting discussion for this thread!
Old August 9, 2014, 06:52 PM   #4
Ruger480

I chose Ruger480 because I didn't have a 10mm when I signed up! Not sure it would have swayed my choice any though.
Old August 9, 2014, 07:05 PM   #5
Pahoo

"Pahoo-Ka-Ta-Wah"

Pahoo
Somewhat gun related as it came from an Pawnee character that always carried a double 12Ga. He was Yancy Derringer's right hand man. The first shotgun that I bought with my money, was a Steven's 311, that I carried all through Junior and Senior High school. I paid a whopping $25.00 for it and when I went in the service, I gave it to one of my Nephews. ....

Be Safe !!!
Old August 9, 2014, 07:32 PM   #6
SurplusShooter

SurplusShooter
I like to shoot an collect surplus rifles. How creative am I
Old August 9, 2014, 08:16 PM   #7
Unlicensed Dremel

Well, not sure if it's painfully obvious, but some people shouldn't have dremels and guns. I may or may not be one of them; not sure yet.
Old August 9, 2014, 08:21 PM   #8
Sevens

I think that name is hilarious. And for the record, I'm smart enough & skilled enough with a Dremel that I wouldn't -EVER- get one near one of my handguns!

(that's how skilled I am with a Dremel. As in... not.)
Old August 9, 2014, 08:27 PM   #9
Glockstar .40

At the time I joined this forum I was drinking an energy drink " rockstar" and my cc at the time was my G23 (.40) hence my name.
Sorry couldn't get more creative than that

Last edited by Glockstar .40; August 10, 2014 at 02:37 AM.
Old August 9, 2014, 08:39 PM   #10
hvymax

Hvymax is the combination of my sometimes company name Hvy Metalwerks and my old nickname Mad Max. Since I use my metalworking skills to make and modify guns I guess it is somewhat related.
Old August 9, 2014, 10:40 PM   #11
Webleymkv

When I was much younger and much poorer, I came across a Webley Mk. V revolver at a gunshow with a price tag, IIRC, of $175. Unfortunately, I was so poor at the time that I couldn't scrape the money together before the gun sold. I've lusted after that particular model ever since and while I've still never found another Mk. V in decent shape for a reasonable price, I do at least have a Mk. IV now.

Old August 9, 2014, 11:30 PM   #12
10-96

A couple of folks have come along and figured out where my handle comes from. Fewer have figured out that some of my crazy ideas may have been better off left floating aloft in the gray-matter zone. And, maybe there's been... Oooh, Look! Fresh coffee!

I'm going to use the words "clip" and "Long Colt" every chance I get. It grinds my gears to see new members attacked when we all know dang good and well what's being refered to.
Old August 10, 2014, 12:26 AM   #13
N R A

Nice Regional Airport. I am a small pilot.

No, not really.

I am a proud member of the NRA. I am a Golden Eagle Benefactor Life Pistol Instructor. I am a CRSO and have pistol instructor certificates up to Advanced Personal Protection Outside The Home. I am a Refuse To Be A Victim instructor, along with my wife.

My wife is into NRA, so we have a few interests in common.

Apart from my NRA dedication, I am a life member of GOA and a Glock Certified Armorer. I retired my FFL in 2000 as a pawn broker to do art in my "golden years".

My wife and I made a choice 32 years ago to not have a family of our own, and find other activities to fill our lives. We have several pets we spoil rotten with treats and hugs. We sponcered two kids from kindergarden through college, that are grown now.

Rather than take on more kids, we decided to put our sholders into supporting the NRA. I teach weekly handgun safety classes. No charge. Not a penny. I am also a Concealed Carry instructor for the state of Nebraska.

We also donate money to the NRA. I try to send them money every time I read or hear Obamas name. I try to not hear that Kenya n's name, but it comes up regular being he took office. Every year I purchase him a gift membership to NRA. I hope he reads the magazine.

If you do not currently support the NRA, please do so with teaching classes or however you can. Everyone depends on our country staying a free nation.

Last edited by N R A; August 10, 2014 at 12:48 AM.
Old August 10, 2014, 12:50 AM   #14
N R A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlicensed Dremel View Post
Well, not sure if it's painfully obvious, but some people shouldn't have dremels and guns. I may or may not be one of them; not sure yet.
James Yeager says a dremel tool should have a 200 dollar transfer tax. Lol
Old August 10, 2014, 07:47 AM   #15
Salmoneye

Suppose I could have used Ouananiche-œil instead...
Old August 10, 2014, 08:21 AM   #16
kraigwy

I chose KraigWY because I have no imagination.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071
Old August 10, 2014, 08:38 AM   #17
aarondhgraham

Mine was easy,,,

It's my name,,,

Aarond H. Graham

Not very imaginative,,,
But somewhat unique.

Aarond

Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)
Old August 10, 2014, 08:41 AM   #18
Mosin-Marauder

Quote:
If your name -is- gun related but it's painfully obvious, you'll be on-topic but you'll be a bore. But hey, have at it.]
Guess I ought to move on.
Old August 10, 2014, 08:47 AM   #19
wogpotter

You don't wanna know. It is gun related though.
I was originally sanctioned for the name but no-one could figure out how to change it so it stuck.

Elderly Hunter: “That's dashed unsporting. Probably Belgium.”
Old August 10, 2014, 09:00 AM   #20
jeager106

jeager106

I have a hand built by Kieth Lisle, American jeager .58 bore flintlock serial number 106.

Started out on forums related to black powder. Once swore by cap lock muzzle loaders & maxiballs. Handle was maxiball but soon guys called me maximouth, maxipad, etc. , then got addicted to flinters so changed to jeager106.
Todays modern firearms shooters don't know what a maxiball is anyway.
Old August 10, 2014, 09:29 AM   #21
pax
Staff

"Pax" is the Latin word for peace. It's my username because it fit several purposes.

1) It helps me remember to be more of a peacemaker online than I really am by nature. No reason to go around offending and annoying people unnecessarily!

2) It reminds me that without armed citizens fully prepared to use force in defense of themselves and their communities, no nation experiences peace for very long. The purpose of personal weapons isn't to make war. It's to ensure peace.

3) It reminds me of my roots, and sometimes sends my thoughts toward one of my favorite Bible verses: "And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." A big part of why I carry a gun is a very personal and very positive statement about the value of positive emotions including peace, love, and joy in my life. If possible, as long as it depends on me, I will live at peace with everyone around me -- loving life, loving my neighbors, joyfully embracing every new experience, loving where I am and what I'm doing. And if peace isn't possible? I will do whatever it takes to get back to that place, because a peace-filled, joy-filled, love-filled life is valuable and worth defending.

pax
Old August 10, 2014, 09:35 AM   #22
Airman Basic

They let us play with guns, sometimes.
Old August 10, 2014, 10:36 AM   #23
44 AMP
Staff

I suppose I'm a bore, but at least I'm a big bore!
.44AMP

Hint, its got nothing to do with electricity!
Although I do get a "charge" out of shooting them!
Old August 10, 2014, 10:55 AM   #24
Glenn E. Meyer
Staff

I used my real name or initials on gun forums as I have a professional identity used in research and I wanted to refer to that.

On hobby stuff - I can use a silly name.
http://www.teddytactical.com/archive...11_Feature.htm
Being an Active Shooter
Old August 10, 2014, 11:07 AM   #25
JT-AR-MG42

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.
If I'd have thought it through (too many letters to type) and could change?

Something like yours, sevens.

Mine would be 'nine'.
My favorite point and what I always set the dice for.

JT