The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old July 25, 2016, 01:19 PM   #1
Snappo

New Member thread - Snappo

Oops. I made other posts before doing the new member thread.

My nickname is Snappo. USAF buddies and family and friends call me that. I can get a bit type-A on my personality at times. Anyhow........ I have a C&R FFL and collect WW I and WW II stuff. Used to live in GA and have some Class III stuff. Live now in NY so I had to leave that with my son. ;-( I own a lot of land, so I made a range. Right now it's a 2-story shooting station with each floor being 10x14 and I put a picnic table on each floor. I put trapshooting and long range on the second floor, and bench shooting on the first floor. For bench I do 100, 200, 300, and 400. For long range I do 600 and I am cutting further into the woods to make 800. That will take at least another year. 200 yards of trees is a bear to cut down; but the wood gets used with my sawmill and consumed into my woodshop (my other hobby). Married with 7 kids (3 biological, 4 step), 5 grandkids (3 biological) and one on the way. Politically a Libertarian but am on the Trump Train. Religiously, I am agnostic / atheist. Huge Patriots fan, Mets fan, but don't like basketball or hockey. Was in USAF (4411th JSTARS), CT-ANG (103rd TCS), and Civil Air Patrol (Dobbins ARB). Was a Radar Engineer when I was younger, now I do consulting but I work from home (stopped being a road warrior 2 years ago). Also since I own this big farm, I have 100 apple trees so I make all kinds of apple stuff (sauce, chutney, salsa, pectin, jelly). I also have lots of grapes and honey bees.

Old July 25, 2016, 02:01 PM   #2
SC4006

Welcome to TFL!

I am very jealous of that range you have! Makes my little 100 yard range in my backyard seem like nothing, but hey, at least I CAN shoot in my backyard.

Would be interesting to see some pictures of some of your milsurp and class III hardware if possible.

They say 5 out of 4 people are bad at math, but what do I know?
Old July 25, 2016, 02:45 PM   #3
Spats McGee
Staff

Welcome to TFL, Snappo!

Technically, our new member thread is here.