The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #1
AKexpat

Brad Meltzer's Lost History

I like this show and Meltzer's previous "Decoded" shows, but I am starting to have problems with his presented "facts".

The latest show (12-19-14 not online for viewing on the website yet) claims that the 1974 Amityville NY murders of six people were conducted using a Marlin 336 carbine in .35 Rem. They show a shipping carton label of said rifle showing a 7 round (tubular) magazine. Sounds good so far, eh?

In the next couple of minutes they show an inverted picture of a worn Stevens-Browning 520 SHOTGUN that appears to be 16-12 gauge as the murder weapon.

In all Meltzer's claims he stresses that he relies upon FACTS. In this instance, I think either his producers introduce irrelevant things. Either he's not paying attention or he is going along with it.

This is definitely Bravo Sierra.

In the same show, in the first segment about the White House missing cornerstone, a ground-penetrating-radar was used to "confirm" by a VA DOT official to have found a "steel rectangular plate" a few seconds later Meltzer states that it was a "brass" plate. Huh?

I will continue to monitor their website and send my discrepancies when the show comes online.
To be governed – is to be watched, inspected, directed, indoctrinated, numbered, estimated, regulated, commanded, controlled, law-driven, preached at, spied upon, censured, checked, valued, enrolled – by creatures who have neither the right, nor the wisdom, nor the virtue to do so. - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon
Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM   #2
Mike Irwin
Staff

He may control the facts...

But I bet he doesn't control the prop department.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.