The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 13, 2009, 03:07 PM   #1
ncpatriot

short barrel double/.410 & or .45

Saw a double barrel pistol in a pawnshop the other day, out of town. About 12 or 14 inches, owner said .41 and/or .410 I think. No trigger guard, double hammers & triggers, similar to the derringers we see around. Shiny black finish. Looked ok, not sure I'd want anything w/out trigger guard. Seems like accident waiting to happen. Anyone seen or tried one? Who makes it?Certainly deadly at close range, no doubt. Didn't get chance to ask much more about it, had to leave.
Old March 13, 2009, 11:48 PM   #2
darkgael

sb SXS

If it's what I think it is, it was manufactured by Cobray. It is an extended barrel version of their double barreled 45LC/.410 derringer, which itself is a variation of their single-barreled derringer.
They work. Heavy trigger. Ya need to be close to what ever you are shootin' at.
Pete