The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 1, 2009, 05:58 PM   #1
zephaniah

Hi-Point magazine problem?

Hi, I have a new Hi Point 9mm, The gun is working great, but I am having trouble with the magazines. When I get more than about 5 rounds in the magazine, the bullets begin to angle down in the front. When this happens, I have trouble getting the first round to chamber by hand, then causes occasional jamming. Is this something others have dealt with. I know a lot of folks may not like the Hi-Points, but the gun itself is working great, I am just having issues with the magazine. Any input? "constructive" Thanks guys, I know there is a ton of knowledge from the guys on this forum. Zeph
Old March 1, 2009, 06:07 PM   #2
Pinky Carruthers

I'd contact Hi-Point directly. They are reputed to have very good Customer Service amd will probably replace the mag for you.
SOM
Old March 1, 2009, 08:45 PM   #3
chris in va

Try taking it apart and cleaning it, with a very light coating of oil on the inside. If *that* doesn't fix it, then the mag is probably bent or has a burr inside.
Old March 1, 2009, 09:01 PM   #4
seaville

hi-point mag

A buddy fixed one that was not feeding properly. He compared the bad mag with the one that worked, then bent( very small adjustment) the top of the bad mag. In less than 5 min. it worked flawlessly' however
this could mess up the mag. if one adjusted too much.