The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 19, 2009, 05:07 PM   #1
srm970

CVA????

i was just on CVAs website.. and other than the fact it sucks and is hard to navagate.. does CVA only sell inline rifles now.. thats all i saw on the website.. or am i missing somthing .

shawn
Old February 19, 2009, 06:12 PM   #2
FrontierGander

yes they sell inline only. Think they stopped traditional line in 2002

for cva traditional rifles you will want to try deer creek products, they bought out all of cva's parts and rifles.
Old February 19, 2009, 06:21 PM   #3
dakota223

yes they only sell inlines and if you have a traditional percussion cap they wont honor there waranty from when you first have that. Lifetime warranty does not mean your lifetime. If you dont believe me. Message me and I'll email you there emails to me on a cva bobcat! If the kodiak pro hunter i have as well ever breaks down Im Going to Thompson Contender!
Old February 19, 2009, 06:24 PM   #4
srm970

do they have a website.. i cant seem to find them online.. other than a physical address .
Old February 19, 2009, 06:30 PM   #5
dakota223

We no longer carry the sidelock parts. Call Deer Creek at 765-525-6181, they can help you.

this was there reply to a front sight that fell out durring a move. was staked into the barrel nothing bumped against it. they then told me to call deer creek and i would have to pay for it. then i expressed how i have 3 cvas the bobcat the staghorn and the kodiak pro. That response did nothing. So I said its been a good run up till this problem I am taking my bussiness elsewhere. This was there response!

I wish you well

Its burned my butt for the last two months. I can show emails. But in my book with customer service like that. There on the same scale as bryco and jennings in my book. Maybe even below Hipoint!
Old February 19, 2009, 06:42 PM   #6
srm970

the reason i was asking is i read a post on another forum that a guy had just baught a new CVA squirl rifle.. i got all excited and went to the website.. must have meant new to him.. i have one already . but would like another . and they are comanding a fairly high price used.. makes me wonder what mine is worht since it is in almost new condition.. and it has a browned finish and not blued.. it shoots far better than the 36 senica my wife shoots..

ohh well.
Old February 20, 2009, 01:34 AM   #7
Smokin_Gun

Dakota, if it just fell out of the dovetail, either slide a small beer can shim under the sight as you slide and tap into place. Find your center and leave it or stake it some.

Save ya orderin' a new sight...might be fun.
Admin:http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php
Old February 20, 2009, 05:46 PM   #8
FrontierGander

or just peen the barrel a bit to tighten it up.

CVA cant sell you parts or cover it with a warranty when they no longer make parts for the gun! Try getting some parts for a TC Patriot or cherokee.
Old February 20, 2009, 05:47 PM   #9
FrontierGander

And Dakota if you ever have a problem with someone on the phone, email this guy Mark@cva.com
Old February 22, 2009, 08:17 PM   #10
dakota223

sold it today out of frustration of the thing. next gunshow im gonna sell my cva staghorn. thinning out cva after this experiance.
Old February 22, 2009, 10:25 PM   #11
FrontierGander

LOL some are hard headed. Trust me, ive dealt with people wanting my opinion on their powerbelt load, i tell them DONT use such and such and what do they do, they use it and then bitch about it failing.

TC couldnt do anything for me when the opens sights i had on an omega were adjusted all the way down and still shooting 8" high @ 50 yards. When the company doesnt have a part or cant fix it, i usually fix it my self.
Old February 23, 2009, 04:04 PM   #12
dakota223

ok for one it was staked in and sight was lost, two it wasnt my thread i wasnt bitching about it. I was saying with customer service like theres i wont buy another. I think you need to read the full thread!!!!!!!!!!! and I never asked for any opinion, did I?
Old February 23, 2009, 04:10 PM   #13
FrontierGander

you can get 3 of those sights for $6.95 on ebay.
Old February 23, 2009, 04:38 PM   #14
mykeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota223
ok for one it was staked in and sight was lost, two it wasnt my thread i wasnt bitching about it. I was saying with customer service like theres i wont buy another. I think you need to read the full thread!!!!!!!!!!! and I never asked for any opinion, did I?
So, you hijack some other guy's thread to pitch a bitch about CVA's customer service. The forum members try to help you fix your problem and you bitch at them for helping.

CVA's customer service had it right.
Old February 26, 2009, 09:33 PM   #15
grizbear

I have had a CVA bobcat for about 8 yrs that I bought for $69. Had it at the range on Sunday, and it was shooting 1.5" groups at 50 yards with patched round ball. It's fun to shoot. I think they were good rifles for the money.