The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 13, 2009, 01:26 PM   #1
bclark1

Aimpoint CompM4 Question

So I was going to buy a CompM4 used, and then the gentleman comes back and says to me that it is a 4MOA dot. As far as I can tell, the CompM4 was only made in a 2MOA dot. I can't raise him to clarify or confirm a typo, but before I say "That's probably not an M4" can anyone tell me if there were any of these made in 4MOA?
Old February 13, 2009, 01:47 PM   #2
hoytinak

Aimpoint's website only states a 2MOA dot on the CompM4/CompM4s.
Old February 13, 2009, 02:18 PM   #3
bclark1

Thanks - I'd checked the website and a pdf of the new product announcement. Only 2MOA listed. You never know though, small runs or special editions do happen. Doesn't sound like the case though. I just hate when I say "I'll take it" and then have to backtrack, but it sounds like he might have his products confused.
Old February 14, 2009, 01:46 AM   #4
skeeter

I never heard of any M4 that was other than 2 moa. It is one of the very best. Do know they have newer model called the M4S, the only difference being the battery compartment on the s model is lower rather than on the top. Lower may be a problem on rifles like the Sig 556. The Aimpoint mount is top of the line with a built in torque limiter. Mine came with a flash kill.
I could never understand why they even make a 4 moa as turning up the red dot brighter on the 2 moa makes it just like a 4 moa yet you also have the benefits of the more accurate 2 moa.

Tags
aimpoint , comp , compm4 , dot , red