The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old January 12, 2009, 12:59 PM   #1
triggerhappy2006

Possible AOW Section?

I had recently joined THR.us (i know im a traitor), and noticed that they had a AOW page(Bows, knives,swords, paintball, airsoft, etc) any chance of that happening here? What about a parents section, I am not a parent but I like the idea. Just trying to help improve the already amazing TFL
Old January 12, 2009, 03:17 PM   #2
Mike Irwin
Staff

First, welcome to TFL!

It's been discussed numerous times in the past, and the answer has always been a polite no, that's not what we're about.

The Firing Line is (quoting from our FAQ section) "a virtual community dedicated to the discussion and advancement of responsible firearms ownership."

While we certainly recognize, and celebrate, the diversity of weapons that are available to us, from slingshots to bows to crossbows to knives, and more, they're not firearms, and to expand the board to allow for discussion of them would possibly dilute TFL's core concentration on firearms.

As for a parents section, could you be a little more specific as to what you believe its purpose would be that wouldn't be served by posting to one of the current boards?
Old January 12, 2009, 03:53 PM   #3
triggerhappy2006

The parents board would be somewhere that parents or adults in general could gather to get information regarding the best ways to introduce firearms to youngsters. So no go on the AOW section, thats okay. I am not saying that the those question regarding youngsters could not be answered on other boards, I am just saying that specific board might help get more focus on the safe firearms handleing.
Old January 13, 2009, 04:03 PM   #4
Mike Irwin
Staff

Trigger,

We've discussed the possibility of a parent's forum in TFL.

The consensus is that TFL's overall mission is best served by subdividing the the board into interests (rifles, shotguns, revolvers, etc.).

Attempting to subdivide the board in terms of demographics (parents, teens, grandparents, etc.) instead of interests poses a unique set of management challenges that would ultimately detract from TFL's state purpose of advancing responsible firearms ownership.

--Mike