The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 9, 2009, 11:34 AM   #1
Keltyke

Dick's - Watch'em

Dick's Sporting Goods regular prices aren't anything great, but some of their sales are good and the reward points systems gives a nice little bonus.

BUT

You gotta watch them. Their ammo consistently rings up $1.00 - $1.50 higher than the posted price on the shelf. Their sale ammo will also ring up $1.00 higher or even ring up at the regular price.

Write down the posted price and/or take the sale flyer with you when you check out.
Old January 9, 2009, 12:18 PM   #2
novalty

On the Dick's SG ammo prices. Their flyers often catch my eye, until I read that the price is if you buy a case worth, otherwise it is generally cheaper to pick up at Wally World. Saw a few upset people around Black Friday who didn't read the fine print of their 50% sale (buy one get one 50% off).

Paul
Old January 9, 2009, 12:25 PM   #3
jcrim007

i am heading there this weekend to grab some stuff. glad you posted this. i was going to by a case of so of 9mm and 40s&w though. hopefully they still have some
Old January 9, 2009, 02:01 PM   #4
Foofer

Truth or Fiction?

Absolute Truth! This has happened to me my past two ammo purchases. At first I thought is was just new holiday help, but not anymore.
Old January 11, 2009, 11:10 PM   #5
triggerhappy2006

They try it on me all the time AND I WORK THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to buy a box of 22lr 500ct winchester because it was on sale for 13.99 a while back which it normally goes for like 17.99 it rang up 18.98, now note I put .98. The key to Dicks sales is the sales and coupons are off normal prices which end in .99 not .98(sales already) or .97(clearance). Needless to say after walking all the way back, I got it for the correct price.
Old January 11, 2009, 11:26 PM   #6
JWT

Not at all impressed with the ammo prices at the Dicks that just opened in my neck of the woods. WalMart and Sportsmans Warehouse have much better prices.