The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 4, 2009, 08:54 PM   #26
jesus5150

My Appreciation

Well thank you all for your help! I'm Very new to TFL and i'm glad i joined. I'm also new to the CCW world. I've always known i'd carry when i became old enough because all the men in my family (and most ladies too) are proud of their well earned rights. So The H&K is my first Pistol and the Uncle Mikes is my first Holster... So aparently your holster choice is every bit as important as your weapon of choice. I guess i'll just go try 'em all on like i did with the guns. Thanks everyone!
Old January 6, 2009, 07:13 PM   #27
Anti-Skeptic Spray

What does SOB mean?

I know it doesnt mean sunnabich
Old January 6, 2009, 07:17 PM   #28
Hokie

SOB=Small-of-Back, a/k/a "6 o'clock"

People will tell you horror stories about SOB carry and broken backs/pelvises. When I carry a revolver, I like carrying 5 o'clock with an SOB holster (and would carry 7 o'clock as a BUG if I had a left-handed version).
Old January 6, 2009, 07:35 PM   #29
ActivShootr

Jesus, invest in a good leather holster. The form-fitting leather will hold the weapon closer to your body than that cheapass nylon.

Ditch the Uncle whatshisname and get yourself some gunleather. Would you buy a high performance car and put cheap tires on it?

Last edited by ActivShootr; January 6, 2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old January 6, 2009, 10:08 PM   #30
jesus5150

Nice car Crap tires

Na you're right about that. I went with nylon because i didn't know how often i'd be using the gun (since it's my first one) and i heard some rumors about leather being hard on the gun if you leave it in there too long.... But now i know i'll almost always have it with me so i'll check out some leather ones. (and as a cattle rancher, i've got no problem supporting beef lol)