The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 3, 2009, 05:05 PM   #1
bobglock40

Cobra firearms

does anyone have any expierience with the new patriot line from cobra
Old January 5, 2009, 09:11 AM   #2
Te Anau

I have a Cobra Patriot .45acp that shoots pretty nice,considering it's weight.It loves 230gr fmj aluminum case Blazer.
Old January 5, 2009, 10:44 AM   #3
Chuckusaret

I saw one recently, not bad looking & cheap in price. Owner indicated that it was a good truck gun, but not fun to shoot because of trigger pull and trigger slap.
Old January 5, 2009, 07:53 PM   #4
bobglock40

Thanks
I heard they have a freedom line that is a piece of junk but i am looking into a patriot 380 for $200 for my ccw any suggestions any info is helpful
Thanx
Old January 6, 2009, 10:36 PM   #5
4thHorseman

Here's a review for you pal.

http://www.handgunsmag.com/featured_...atriot_062207/
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once." -- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003
Old January 7, 2009, 10:00 AM   #6
ulflyer

Junk

I had their 45acp once upon a time and it was about the most unreliable gun I've ever had! Took too many trigger pulls, on too many occasions, to ignite the round. Sometimes it wouldn't fire the round at all. Put same round in 1911 and blam! Emails with company said don't use WWB...primers too hard...use Federal. At price of Federals I didn't want to spend the money to see it it'd ever be reliable. Didn't do any better with my reloads useing Fed primers either. Replaced striker spring; still no better.
Old January 7, 2009, 03:09 PM   #7
Te Anau

I think I would rather have a FEG PA-63 in 9mm Makarov than one of the Cobra .380's.You should be able to get a real nice one in hand for about $175.00

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FEG_PA-63