The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old January 1, 2009, 04:30 PM   #1
w8thompson

H&R Model 1905 32 cal

I recently aquired a H&R Model 1905 32 cal revolver. I know nothing about this gun. It's serial number is 55324. Can anyone give me any information about this model? Can age be determined by serial #? I have no intention of firing the gun, just would like to know some history. The gun was origanally owned by one of my mothers unclels.
Old January 2, 2009, 06:15 AM   #2
dogngun

First off, they were chambered in S&W .32, not .32 Long. They were very popular revolvers for self defense aroung 100 years ago, and they were sold till near WWII. They are safe to shoot with modern ammo if they are in good condition and clean. Be careful of the grips - they crack very easily and they are near impossible to find.
They ane not expensive, although prices have gone up some recently, around the $100 area depending on condition. Certainly, with the family history, I'd keep it.
Check here: http://armscollectors.com/faq.htm
to find the best possible information on all H&R firearms. The moderator wrote the book - literally - on them.

enjoy it.

mark