The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 1, 2009, 12:51 PM   #1
PAGLOCK23

NAA Mini 22LR opinions

Hi I'm new here and just thought I'd ask for other peoples view. I just ordered a NAA Mini 22LR just to carry in my pocket when I can't CCW with my GLOCKS. I know it's not going to have the punch of bigger guns and thats not the opinions I'm looking for. How many on here have one and regularly carry it and have you had any problems with them?
"If the country keeps going this way lead poisoning will overtake cancer "

Last edited by PAGLOCK23; January 1, 2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: messed up
Old January 1, 2009, 01:18 PM   #2
SilentHitz

Welcome to the forums, I have owned a few...currently a .22 mag. My Mom has a .22 LR as one of her 2 carries. Just keep in mind these are " last ditch" pistols...very close range. As long as you realize it's limitations, they are easy to hide carries that will do the job in a pinch.

I prefer the extra "oomph" of the .22 mag., but I wouldn't hesitate to use the LR either. Others will probably disagree with my next statement, but forget about center of mass with a single action .22...at the close ranges they are limited to, one head shot might be all you have time for. Make that 1st shot count. The time it takes to cock the hammer on these tiny guns can be costly in a SD situation...kill the brain, and the body's usually dead before it hits the ground. You cut off all nervous system reactions to the arms and lower body, increasing your chances of survival.

Just make sure you practice a lot with it and get used to where these short barreled pistols hit.
Old January 1, 2009, 03:40 PM   #3
skeeter1

NAA mini-revolver

I have a NAA in .22LR, and you can maximize your odds by loading it with CCI Velocitors. I've also got a High Standard DM-101 derringer in .22Mag, and the muzzle-blast out of the 3" barrel is intense, to say the least.

When I went to the gun shop, they had three NAAs -- .22Mag, .22LR, and .22Short. The Mag would have been frightening out of the 1-1/8" barrel, and I have no interest in another Short, hence I went with the LR. In the unlikely-event that you want to down-load the LR, you can always use CB Longs. Might be good for practice, but that's about all.

Tags
mini , naa