The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 6, 2008, 01:00 AM   #1
McBrideGuns

11-87 sportsman problem

Just curious if anyone out there has run into this problem and may know how to fix it. I’ve recently been shooting my 11-87 and I turn it over to where I'm looking at the loading gate with the chamber open and the gun empty and without ever touching anything the chamber will slam shut on me now correct me if I’m wrong but I do not believe it is supposed to do this is and I’m wondering if anyone can tell me how to fix it I sent it back to Remington right after I got it for this same problem and they told me that I was just putting my plug in backwards which I know isn't the problem because the gun does this even when the plug isn't in it has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?
Old December 6, 2008, 09:49 PM   #2
nutty ned

It has to be the carrier assembly, probably a spring is faulty.
See if there is a Remington warrenty repair dealer nearby and discuss it with them.
Old December 6, 2008, 11:46 PM   #3
McBrideGuns

Ok I will do that thank you very much for your help.