The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 11, 2008, 03:11 AM   #1
Sixer

Short Trigger on a Sig

So I finally got my Sig p239 to the range this weekend and I gotta say I'm still a bit unsure about the DAK trigger. Don't get me wrong, I love the gun but the trigger pull is much longer than Im used to.

I'll be the first to admit that my experience w/ handguns is very limited. I've gotten used to my Glock 23 for the past year... other than that I havent really spent a lot of time shooting any other pistols. I think the Glock has a 5.5lb trigger pull as opposed to the Sig's 9.5lb???

Anyhow, I found that while the muzzle flip was less on the Sig, but I was CONSISTENTLY missing my target LOW I know this is 99% mental / practice because I'm anticipating the BANG! but I would still like to look into somehow reducing the pull on my 239.

I have seen shorter triggers for the Sig and was curious if that may help reduce the trigger pull a bit? I plan on making it my primary carry gun so I'm not looking for a "competition" type job, just a small adjustment. Any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas?

Thanks!
Old November 11, 2008, 03:34 AM   #2
hknut

I have a short trigger on my 229 so my wife and 13 YO daughter can shoot it. I have a 226 and 229 both in .40 S&W and the 229 does kick less. I hope that helps.

Walk softly and carry a big SIG.
Old November 11, 2008, 05:29 AM   #3
1goodshot

I have 2 P226 1 with a short trigger and I like it sooo much better than the stock trigger
Old November 11, 2008, 08:30 AM   #4
ccr

Short triggers are great just make sure you buy a factory short trigger not one of the after market ones.
423-639-8924
Old November 11, 2008, 08:52 AM   #5
Creature

I am definitely not a fan of the DAK trigger, but to each his own. I am, however, a big fan of the short trigger (aka "combat" trigger for reasons unknown to me). Both of my Sigs wear short triggers.

P226:

P6:

The short trigger is fairly easy to install, but if you have never done it before you will need to follow these instructions: http://www.gunsmoke.com/guns/sig_trigger.html

(these instruction should work for most Sigs)

Oh, and btw...my P6 wears an "aftermarket" short trigger with ZERO problems. I dont know what CCR is talking about.
Old November 11, 2008, 10:07 AM   #6
Muddflap

Quote:
I have seen shorter triggers for the Sig and was curious if that may help reduce the trigger pull a bit? I plan on making it my primary carry gun so I'm not looking for a "competition" type job, just a small adjustment. Any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas?
The short trigger will not reduce the length of pull, or the weight of the pull. It is a thinner trigger, that has the effect of moving the trigger back, a little, so that the reach is not so far.
I tried one on my 239, and it did not work well for me. It made the single action shot way too short, but you won't have to worry about that with the DAK trigger.
Old November 24, 2008, 09:37 AM   #7
customizedcreationz

Short triggers

My short triggers are CNC machined just for the P6 and are a direct drop in no gun smith required part. I also now have skeleton triggers. And there is a free installation video on the sight. My 9 year daughter installs and tests triggers for me before they leave. So if she can install it at 9 years old, I am sure most of you can install one after watching the video.

Short Triggers run $55 for factory black for the P6

$65 for plated

$85 for Skeleton Factory Black
$95 for Skeleton Plated Triggers

Electroless Nickel Boron Nitride Plating applied to the trigger

Short , Medium and Factory Triggers for comparison.

Here is a black Chrome one installed in a RTT gun I refinished and sold recently.

If you guys have any questions about the triggers, just email me. I am the only one manufacturing aftermarket TRUE triggers, not cobbled up ground down made to work triggers. These are CNC machined specifically for the P6 and P225 by myself. To date well over 200 triggers sold.

Thanks everyone
Todd
Old November 24, 2008, 11:46 AM   #8
Sixer

Todd,

It's about time

I still need a short trigger for my 239... If you can make it happen let me know!

Just FYI for anyone reading this - Todd at Customized Creationz is literally a genious at what he does. His work is nothing short of awesome and he's a great guy to do business with. I know from first hand experience. When it comes to quality, customer service, and overall co$t, he's the man. Check out his work...

No sales pitch here, just a VERY satisfied customer!
Old November 24, 2008, 01:26 PM   #9
pogo2

Have a P239 with short trigger

I have a short trigger on my Sig P239 - I bought it used and it came that way. My other two Sigs have conventional triggers. I find that I can use either type comfortably, but the short trigger makes for a slightly reduced reach for the trigger finger, if you like that.

Old November 24, 2008, 01:37 PM   #10
Troy26

is "short trigger" in this thread to mean "short reset trigger" or are those two seperate things?
Old November 24, 2008, 02:09 PM   #11
CortJestir

^^ They are two separate things. Short Trigger = shorter trigger. Short Reset Trigger = shorter reset. Sounds simple when explained like that, but they are easily confused for some reason or another.
Old November 25, 2008, 03:35 AM   #12
hknut

That skeleton trigger is just SEXY!!!!

Walk softly and carry a big SIG.
Old November 26, 2008, 09:21 AM   #13
customizedcreationz

Thanks guys !!!