The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 2, 2008, 03:28 AM   #1
mav88

fiocchi

well..i was searching for some #4 buckshot ammo for HD for the shotgun, something with lesser recoil but not the winchester 6 birdshot i have. I have shot winchester ammo and fed premium which i dont mind both. Fiocchi on this website im looking at has a nice deal for the #4 buckshot im looking at(cheaper than some of the other brands i saw). i just have some questions if some people can help me out, which are some pretty stupid questions for most of you, but im not the smarterst guy of my family either...

Can anyone tell me what is the difference from nickel plated fiocchi from regular buck leadshot, does it help with velocity, stopping power, pattern, etc? Does fiocchi have more recoil then the other brands? Is the quality poorer in any ways?And would you trust it as your HD ammo.....

any advice here i would appreciate it before I go ahead and order it...
Old November 2, 2008, 09:10 AM   #2
oneounceload

plating has nothing to do with velocity, it will help with the lubricity as the load passes down the barrel,and is supposed to help minimize pattern deformation.

Recoil will be a factor of weight, speed, etc. - if it is loaded the same as another brand, the recoil will be the same.

Fiocchi makes quality ammunition