The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old October 19, 2008, 07:19 PM   #1
Jmac2387

1000 Round Match Results

1000 Round Match Results

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preliminary Results
2008 Walking Eagle 1000 Round Match
October 18.2008

Name Score Cal Pistol Ammo

Eric 715 45 ACP Wilson Classic Cor-Bon Per Match
Lance J 667 40 S&W STI ?
Brian S 650 45 ACP Wilson CQB Blazer
Travis F 621 9MM Glock ?
Marshal L DNF 9mm Glock 17 ?
CindyS 509 9mm Glock 17 Reloads
Sam L 507 9mm Glock 17L ?
Bill B 487 9mm Glock 17 Winchester
Tammy S 472 40 S&W STI Eagle ?
Brian M 390 45 ACP Glock 21 Reloads
Tim B DNF 45 ACP Colt EM Rem & S+B
Jeff L DNF 45 ACP Colt EM Rem & S+B

This match was shot yesterday from 8:00 am till ~ 3:00 pm

At 4 different ranges at the Walking Eagle Range A different stage was set up with 5 defferent yard lines per stage. Each range required that the shooter hit the targets or make a spinner revolve. Each shooter was to come to the line with 50 shots per stage yardline

Range I 25 targets- Double tap required
Range II 50 targets One shot for each target
Range III 5 spinners- 10 shots for each spinner Revolutions count as one hit
Range IV 50 targets were presented in 70 seconds with each target up for 3 seconds and a 4 second gap between each sequence of 7 targets for a reload

Great Time. Thank you all for coming.

More specific info to follow if malfunctions can be deciphered

Previously this match was a Glock vs 1911 match with you gun out of the competition when it failed to fire when the trigger was pulled or you had any other malfunction. LM
Old October 20, 2008, 07:38 AM   #2
Double Naught Spy

It was a good match. It was interesting to see how folks addressed each of the different stages, especially the first two ranges where it was completely up to the shooter to determine each stage on those ranges was shot so long as each of the targets was hit the proper amount of times from the appropriate distances (before running out of ammo ... in most cases, LOL).

Range IV was a favorite, pneumatic targets in a 50 target sequence, spread out over 20 yards. It was really an exciting 5 stages. Many shooters experience a good deal of surprise and a bit of confusion on these targets, but all had a good time.
Old October 22, 2008, 02:48 PM   #3
Grump

Only 12 shooters, only Glocks and 1911s/derivatives (like STI wide-bodies) this time?
Old October 22, 2008, 03:35 PM   #4
Double Naught Spy

That is all that showed.
Old October 25, 2008, 05:31 PM   #5
Jmac2387

Origins of Match

Originally this match was a grudge match to determine which platform could go the distance of 1000 rounds without a problem. It was limited to glocks and 1911's.

One problem that developed was that many folks (some who traveled a good deal) were out of the competition early due to problems. This way everyone got to shoot 1000 rounds and we recorded the problems they had. In most instances the shooter was able to correct any problems and continue the course of fire, but sometime not.

This was also the first year that the invitation was not extended on the net or forums. 52 people were sent invitations and about 12 or 13 showed. that is pretty common based on past invitations and turn out.

With the cost of gas and ammo that was a pretty good turn out. If you want to attend find someone who will sponsor you.

The pneumatic stage DNS talks about was 50 targets presented and each target was available to be shot for three seconds and there was a 4 second time gap between runs plenty of time to reload. About the best anyone could must was 36 or 37 hits. Not tough but you had to hit the targets and not get rattled when they went up and down.