The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old October 12, 2008, 10:48 AM   #1
bullbarrel

Browning B-92 lever action rifle

Does anyone have one? How are they compared to Marlin and Winchester?

The one I am referring to is in .44 mag.

Old October 12, 2008, 10:49 AM   #2
bullbarrel

Old October 12, 2008, 02:40 PM   #3
steveno

I had one a long time ago and it was a well made rifle. I think it was about $300 new and they are a LOT higher now used. it was very stupid to get rid of it. it seems to like the 265 grain Hornady bullets the best but with the hard buttplate you needed to wear a sweatshirt for a little extra padding as it kicked pretty good. it also shot 240 grain Speer softpoints pretty good also. I tried some 320 grain cast bullets (SSK mold) and I found out the hard way that they were too long. I had to unload the others in the magazine tube by taking to end cap off. I managed to launch the spring out into the range parking lot. as mentioned I should have kept it.
Old October 12, 2008, 08:29 PM   #4
spodwo

I have had one for years. WONDERUL. Very smooth action and is the other half to my Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44 Mag. These were japanese made by a company called Miroku for Browning and first appeared in 1979. Production of these ceased in the mid 1980s. There were not a heck of a lot of made...according to what I read...

Get it if you like lever action rifles. You can juice it up on the loads if you reload. I will never sell mine....