The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 17, 2008, 04:42 AM   #26
omkhan

@KatrinaGuy.
North Korea, during the same period did the same thing, kicked the inspectors, nuclear plants fully operational. Why didnt the US invade north korea then.? 1 because it was not sitting over a huge reserve of oil. 2. North Korea did actually have WMD which she later proved. If Saddam really have had WMDs, US wouldn't have attacked Iraq, & if he really have had WMDs, Saddam was mad enough to have them used after the invasion probably on Israel or so. So one thing is for sure that Iraq didn't have WMDs, didnt have links with AlQaeda & US Intelligence knew it all along. & as far as the chemical agents of Iraq r concerned, just google a bit & find who was the biggest supplier of Iraq before Operation Dessert Storm 1.

On the topic, we, as a civilian in Pakistan, cannot have a full auto, semi or bolt action rifle other than a .22. One must have to use a lot of resources/ money, PR to get a license for an AK. Things r different in tribal areas where life seems nothing w/o AK. + Unlike u guys, we have to have separate licenses for each firearm.
Old October 17, 2008, 08:20 AM   #27
johnwilliamson062

How about an AK with one of those nifty single shot under 12ga that look like a grenade launcher.
I would go with Teerouxs suggestion that you select a weapon which uses the same ammunition, parts, and magazines as the bad guy. Using the same as your military would probably not be a bad idea.
I would select hollow points instead of FMJs though.

12 ga would definitely be better for home defense, but on road and even some urban an AK would probably be better.

Really, who would feel inadequately armed clearing ahouse with an AK?

Who would feel inadequately armed with a 12ga on the road in open country receiving fire from the top of a hill 300 yds off.
Old October 17, 2008, 10:12 AM   #28
aeonrevolution

I've been reading this thread hoping to learn a thing or two about what everyone's opinion is on shotgun use for defense in the real world - not scary guy with a mask breaking into your house defense.

Anyways....don't turn this topic into politics thats no fun. This guy just needs help to stay alive it sounds like.
Old October 17, 2008, 01:39 PM   #29
Mike U.

Well, in case you haven't heard, Saddam DID have WMD's.
He used them to kill tens of thousands of Kurds in northern Iraq.
Nuclear, biological and chemical agents are WMD's. Saddam used gas to kill all of those innocent Kurds. Just Google WMD and Kurds...

With that, I'm all in favor of getting this thread back on topic.

I for one would like to know more about that AK with a shotgun attached.
Sounds like a neato-keen big boy toy. I wonder if they'd let me onto the rifle range my AK/shotgun? Some get pretty anal about shotguns on the rifle range.
Old October 18, 2008, 01:06 AM   #30
zeeshan

good comment

Quote:
Anyways....don't turn this topic into politics thats no fun. This guy just needs help to stay alive it sounds like.
i totally agree with you sir.