|September 27, 2008, 10:45 PM||#1|
Join Date: March 21, 2008
Location: Glendale, AZ
Removing/Swapping out 2011 grips for my STI
I'm installing a short trigger on my STI 2011 Tactical 4.15. I'm running into a bit of trouble getting the polymer grip off the aluminum frame.
1. Cleared weapon. Removed complete upper.
2. Removed the mag well and mainspring housing.
3. Removed the two allen screws on the trigger guard.
4. Removed the two top grip screws.
5. Removed the magazine release.
I assumed that the aluminum frame, at this point, should just lift off. I assumed so, because I can't see a way to remove the ambi safeties without removing the frame from the grip.
A little help please.
"It's better to be prepared, than scared."
Explaining the 2nd Amendment