The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old September 28, 2008, 09:04 AM   #1
NoWhereToHide

Icon .308 Win

I ordered an Icon .308 Win Weather Shield from my local gun store today. Does anyone have any first hand comments about this rifle that they might share?
Old September 28, 2008, 12:55 PM   #2
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Icons are great rifles. You will be very pleased with how accurate and smooth it is.
Be glad you got one now.
S&W killed 80 jobs at Thompson Center, so we can expect TC quality to slide down hill fast.
Old September 29, 2008, 08:58 AM   #3
BIGR

I have been thinking about trying one of those rifles in .30TC or some other caliber. I would suppose that a person would need to be ready to reload for the .30TC though, because only time will tell how long that caliber will be around. Let us know how it shoots once you get it and go to the range.
Old September 29, 2008, 10:53 AM   #4
sureshots

Love them

I have bought two in 30 TC cal. I got the Origional Icon shortly after they hit the stores and loved it. Early this month I bought The Icon weathershield cammo model in 30TC. I haven't shot it yet but the origional one is A tack driver with the only ammo you can get (Hornady SST in 30TC cal.) If I were to do it over I would probably go with the 308 Cal. because of the ammo issue. The 30TC is no problem to get now but who knows about the future. The 308 is very close to the 30tc anyway (ballistics) If you move up to the Hornady 308 Light Magmun cart. the ballistics are the same.

Tags
.308 , icon , t/c