The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 10, 1999, 04:31 PM   #1
ThomasH

Ater hearing some complaints about the normal Lithium Sure-Fire flashlights being "sensitive to shock" (i.e. if you bang them when the light is on the bulb may break), I sent email to Laser Products asking if a "shock isolated" lamp assembly from one of their weapon mounted lights can be used with the body of a regular lithium flashlight.

Their response was that "all I need" is the Z32 "shock isolated bezel", which I could use with the normal lithium flashlight's lamp assembly, "head", and body.

Is anyone using this combination?

Can anyone with a "weapon mounted" Sure-Fire confirm that the "shock isolation" is in the bezel only, that they don't also use a shock isolated lamp assembly, etc? I'd hate to spend $21 on a new bezel and not get the impact protection I thought I was getting.

I've heard about putting a section of bicycle tire tube around the head, but it seems like getting the shock isolation of their weapon mounted lights would be a good idea, too.

Comments? Opinions? Reviews!?
Old January 15, 1999, 12:21 AM   #2
streetpro

I use the Z32 on all of our weaponlights and also the 7Z combatlight. It is all you need to shock isolate your existing lamp. At $15.00, it is cheap insurance and we get calls daily for these.
The normal retail for these is $21.00 but we hae been offering a 30% off special on all Sure Fire products to the members of the Bladeforums. Pricing is at our website.

Take Care,

Bill Perches
<a href="http://www.streetpro.com">Street Smart Professional Equipment</a>
<a href="http://www.streetpro.com">http://www.streetpro.com</a>
streetpro@bohica.ml.org
Old January 18, 1999, 04:12 PM   #3
Greg Melcer

Does this bezel have a larger diameter than the standard bezel? Will it fit into the holders/holsters made for the standard bezel?
Old January 19, 1999, 12:16 AM   #4
ThomasH

Thanks Bill! You should be hearing from me soon!

Gotta love these forums!!

Thomas