The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 28, 2008, 11:02 PM   #1
mikenbarb

In need of a Belding & Mull charge table.

Can anyone set me up with a link or site for a Belding & Mull charge table? I just got one but it didnt come with the charge table page and wondering if their still available? I cant find it anywhere. Thanks.
Old August 30, 2008, 12:05 PM   #2
dardascastbullets

I had a new B&M (from a long time ago) and it did not have a chart. Nor do I believe there is such a chart in existance due to the vast array of powders. It would take a world of time to put together a chart for all powders.

I recorded all of my settings so that it was much quicker to go back to the previous setting for each load. The micrometer head is very easy to read so there shouldn't be a problem with documenting settings.

Matt
Old August 30, 2008, 12:16 PM   #3
jaguarxk120

All three of my drop tubes just have reference marks on them. You set the powder measure with a good powder scale. Record the reference mark just as a starting point and always, always double check with a scale. The B & M is on of the best out there, it's just how you use it. Good luck TF
Old August 30, 2008, 06:42 PM   #4
mikenbarb

I have recorded some powder info with my scale as I always do but it originaly came with a charge table and it says the following sentence in the directions,

"A table which accompanies each tool lists all the powders available to the handloader and shows the weight in grains of the charge thrown by the measure for each kind of powder when the charge tube is set at any given graduation".

It goes on some after that but it looks like it had a charge table included from the factory when it was new and thats what im trying to get to have as a starting point. I have a few other good powder measures but I have always loved the Belding & Mull ones and finally got one and im real happy with it.
Also, Its seems to be hard to push the drop lever and is that normal or is it adjustable and if not, Can you do a spring change to lighten up on the force thats needed to throw a charge?
Old August 31, 2008, 11:20 AM   #5
dodge

If you have a B & M Visible Powder Measure then I can help you as I have one of these and have the chart that goes with it. It has most of your more common powder listed just PM me your address and I'll send you a copy.
Old August 31, 2008, 07:31 PM   #6
mikenbarb

dodge, Thank you much. PM sent.