The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 7, 1999, 01:01 PM   #1
deanf

In this thread, and only in this thread, the text is formatted such that words go past the right edge of the screen by about half a page.

This causes the horizontal scroll bar to appear at the bottom. I have to move the scroll bar to read the posts. Very annoying. Can this thread be reformatted to fit in the screen?

I'd like to fully enjoy this thread, but it's impossible at this point.

------------------
“The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals. ... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of.” -Alexander Addison, 1789

[This message has been edited by deanf (edited August 07, 1999).]
Old August 7, 1999, 04:36 PM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

DC screwed the pooch by posting a URL that is larger than screen length. You see the results. I'll fix it in exchange for one fish burrito, compliments of our Legal Moderator.
Rich
Old August 7, 1999, 05:33 PM   #3
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Shoulda known better than to blame DC for this. She's the one who first taught me about the problem. (Besides, mistakes are not in her arsenal!)

Culprit was found and severely beaten. Thread is working now.
Rich
Old August 8, 1999, 10:55 AM   #4
boing

Much appreciated. I had taken to cutting and pasting the whole thing into a "Notepad" file and reading it that way, but the UBB stuff doesn't come though. Can't tell when someone is winking, or grinning, or anything.

-boing