The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 7, 2008, 08:44 PM   #1
okolnc

Beretta 3032 VS Ruger LCP ???

Considering one or the other for front pocket carry. I know the Ruger is a bit smaller. I can handle the size difference. I want opinions on the better handgun. Has anyone shot both ??? I love my Beretta 92FS but I have never shot a Ruger. Not crazy about buying a 1st generation gun, like the Ruger.
Thanks guy's.......
Old August 9, 2008, 12:04 AM   #2
gemmemk1

3032 Vs Lcp

I know nothing of the 3032, but I am very happy with the LCP. It is as good at 50 feet as my 1911, well almost. For what it is ment for, it is a fine tool. I have run about 900 rounds though it and all it did was put them down range on mark. Once you get used to the long pull on the first shot(no safe) and use the reset on the rest= DEAD ON!
Old August 9, 2008, 12:34 AM   #3
jlwman

I know nothing of the LCP, but I do know if you purchase a 3032 you would want an Inox. The blued models have had problems with the frames. The Inox models have not been affected by the frame problems. Just my two cents.
Old August 9, 2008, 06:02 PM   #4
Kreyzhorse

I've handled and shot both. In my opinion, the LCP is a much better gun suited for pocket carry due to weight and thickness. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Beretta, but if you are looking for a pocket gun, I think the LCP is a better option. I actually planned on buying a Beretta until I handled the LCP and was sold.

While there have been issues with the 1st Gen LCP, I think at this point in the production that most of the issues have been dealt with, after all, this may be a new gun for Ruger, but it isn't a new design. Zero issues with my LCP.

For the money, I'd go Ruger.
Old August 10, 2008, 03:08 AM   #5
Mike H

The Tomcat is Beretta's red headed step child. I had one, it lasted exactly 20 rounds before the trigger bar broke, you need to get to at least 50 rounds before the frame (on the blued models) cracks.

Avoid, avoid, avoid.

As for the LCP, I carry one every day
Old August 10, 2008, 07:15 AM   #6
Kreyzhorse

Quote:
The Tomcat is Beretta's red headed step child.
If you do get one, go stainless. My buddy's has had a lot of rounds through it with no issues.
Old August 10, 2008, 11:16 AM   #7
okolnc

Thanks Guy's...After all is said and done I ended up with a KelTec P3AT.
I've shot a friends. Can't say I love shooting it but it will serve the purpose.
Thanks again for all the input.