The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old July 20, 2008, 02:24 PM   #1
Firepower!

Hk Mp5

Here are Mp5 and Mp5 SD.

Lets post some MP5 pics and discuss smg experiences and techniques!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mp5s.jpg (6.9 KB, 439 views)
Old July 22, 2008, 02:37 PM   #2
Shempf

MP5/40/10 semi (too cheap to install 10mm barrel)

Old July 22, 2008, 08:30 PM   #3
golf97

Freaking sweet! I want one SO bad but WA is a non SBR state...
Old July 23, 2008, 03:05 PM   #4
Chipperman

Here's mine:

Experiences: Never fails to put a smile on my face
Techniques: I prefer the A2 stock, as the A3 is uncomfortable when holding a good cheek weld. Getting off two rounds bursts is easy, 1 round on full-auto is pretty tough but doable.

Last edited by Chipperman; July 23, 2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old July 31, 2008, 12:14 PM   #5
Firepower!

I have placed numerous targets in my apple orchards. Some in open spaces and some behind bushes/trees. I have been practicing double tap mode in center mass of the targets. Usually in double tap iI hit burst of two and a single, but its hard since rate of fire is pretty quick.
Old July 31, 2008, 06:01 PM   #6
Hkmp5sd

Here's mine.......

Old July 31, 2008, 09:42 PM   #7
KChen986

Quick question--when you run the SD wet with regular ammunition--does it sound like a clap?
Old August 1, 2008, 01:29 PM   #8
aroundlsu

You wouldn't normally run an MP5SD wet. You certainly could and I've heard of people on HKPRO that claim to do it, but I wouldn't bother. It's quiet enough dry.

If you've never heard a suppressed weapon in person, it's very difficult to describe what it sounds like. For one, it sounds different from just about every angle depending on if you're the shooter, the target (I hope not), or just observing. Here's a hint, they sound nothing like they do on the youtube videos. Camera microphones don't pick up the sound well.
Old August 1, 2008, 09:53 PM   #9
Shempf

I think most the videos I've heard of 40cal were louder than what I hear in person. The mics amplify the high pitch too much on some videos (my assumption).

Shooting with tree's around - I wear ear plugs.
In an open field - no plugs. I have sensitive ears too.

I believe my Glock is quite a bit quieter than the MP5, but I haven't shot both side by side in the open.

As far as technique, as fast as I can squeeze the trigger and remain accurate (fist size groups) is what I go for. Square with target and tuck arms down, not much rise, not much too it. Most first timers are able to doubletap accurately, but for some reason I'm not good at it

P.S. the wide forearm is much nicer than the surefire. It's as big a difference as the A3 vs B&T imo.
Old August 10, 2008, 06:36 PM   #10
2ndchance

Very nice pics. There is an outfit here in Gilbert, AZ called Special Weapons. For the past 7 years they've built some amazing MP5 clones. I have one of their 1st Generations. The 3rd Generations incorporates ALL the HK items, and also adds a ambi sling attachment on the stock, a paddle magazine release, threaded 3-lug barrel (on SBR models, regular 3-lug for regular model with pinned fake suppressor), a Navy ambi plastic grip and a very nice Duracoat finish. Of course, it's in Semi-Auto and you can get it as an SBR or with a pinned fake suppressor (for legal 16").

Several years ago they contracted the retail business to a company called Bobcat Weapons. Special Weapons went on to develop more weapons. He has a new multi-caliber rifle in the works. Freakin amazing!

Last year Bobcat Weapons didn't qualify to renew the contract. I don't think they sold enough, as firearms were not their primary business. The contract went to Cohaire Arms. I believe it is a Sister or Sister-in-Law of the owner of Special Weapons.

Of all the clones out there, this is the BEST. At $1300 for the pinned 16" version, it is a great value. Also, can't beat the lifetime warranty!

There has been a lot of squabble about the owner of Special Weapons. He is vocal and does a great job in protecting his interests. As a shooter, I don't care about personal business politics. I care about getting the best value for my hard earned $$ and my gun needs to hit where I aim... Period. I've only had 2 warranty issues. Each time he took care of it by sending me the replacement parts or fixing it on the spot, when I visited his facilities in Gilbert, AZ.

Special Weapons just finished their MP5-SD version, too. Sells for $1850 and requires 2 stamps. Or you can get it in a pistol version with 1 stamp. Personally, I think it's kinda stupid in a pistol version, but to each his own...

I had a chance to shoot it and his suppressor design makes it quieter than the original HK MP5-SD. It's definitely more quieter than my AAC Striker II.

Explaining the 2nd Amendment
Old August 12, 2008, 12:31 AM   #11
raymond-

golf-
i was able to get the SP-89 in SBR config just before WA state slammed the
door closed; had to move fast. the AOW was done before WA got cold feet
and debating over the definition of AOW (vs SBS) and put a temp hold on
approving any of these recently. Sure is getting tough living here, isn't it?

Old August 12, 2008, 08:47 PM   #12
Chipperman

Quote:
There is an outfit here in Gilbert, AZ called Special Weapons.
oh boy, here we go......
Old August 12, 2008, 10:00 PM   #13
golf97

raymond-

Yeah man, its terrible. I've seen some shorty shotguns like yours on an aow ticket, as well as an ar pistol with a vfg on an aow.

Terrific firearms, you're a lucky man in this state. I'm in AZ for training right now and want to move here.

To everyone else, I'm envious!
Old February 13, 2009, 09:40 AM   #14
Firepower!

I wish they sold furniture for MP5 here. I need to put on a few accessories on mine.
Old February 13, 2009, 03:10 PM   #15
Chipperman

POF makes MP5 stuff, and they're in Pakistan. Why can't you get furniture from them?
Old February 13, 2009, 03:48 PM   #16
Ridge_Runner_5

Old February 14, 2009, 02:34 AM   #17
Firepower!

"POF makes MP5 stuff, and they're in Pakistan. Why can't you get furniture from them?"

Chipperman, POF does not sell to civillians. The moron over at factory management are yet to figure out that they can make good money doing that instead of having people buy foriegn stuff.
Old February 14, 2009, 04:55 AM   #18
Silvanus

My service SMG. I'm still in Police school, not a sworn officer yet. We were doing some "failure drills" We were told to shoot one of the white areas after shooting the "vest"... I don't trust a non-rifle round to shatter the hip bones, so I went for HSs.

It's an MP5A2, converted to semi-auto only. I love the MP5. It's been 100% reliable for me and it's amazingly accurate. There's almost no recoil and it's very easy and fast to disassemble.

Last edited by Silvanus; February 14, 2009 at 05:01 AM.
Old March 15, 2009, 05:54 AM   #19
Firepower!

Here is my MP5 (full stock)

Old March 15, 2009, 05:56 AM   #20
Firepower!

Here is my HK MP5 with telescopic stock with red dot:

Old March 15, 2009, 05:57 AM   #21
Firepower!

The pair:
Old March 17, 2009, 10:58 AM   #22
Willie Lowman

Firepower, how are semi and full autos regulated in Pakistan? Do you have to have a license to own firearms or full autos? Registration?

Sorry about the thread hi-jack.
Old March 17, 2009, 02:03 PM   #23
hknut

Ridge has a SBR GSG-5.

Walk softly and carry a big SIG.
Old March 19, 2009, 05:35 AM   #24
Firepower!

Willie
In Pakistan there are two types of licenses. Non Prohibited Bore (NPB)and Prohibited Bore (PB) licenses. In NPB you can own handguns and shotgun. It also inlcudes .22 caliber rifles, (now) any bolt action as well. The PB covers automatic weapons of any caliber. They also include semi auto rifles of all types except .22. NPB is fairly simpe to obtain, whereas PB is by Prime Minister's approval. That said, no one usually registers a semi on PB license...they go for autos since its too much hasle to obtain one and then why use it for a semiautomatic.

This is the law in nutshell.
Old April 11, 2009, 01:08 PM   #25
PoorSoulInJersey

as someone who's been dying to get one of these MP5s for years.... how did you guys manage to get them?

Did you all go through the BATFE process and pay ungodly amounts of money for these guns?