The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old July 15, 2008, 12:00 AM   #51
jackthoreau

Invasions uncommon???

Invasions are very common now! Living in Albuquerque sucks. A lot of angry and stupid drivers for starters. A lot of great US loving people live here in New Mexico don't get me wrong, but also a lot of people who know that they can basically go unpunished for even repeat violent offenses do to a highly jacked up court system here in NM that favors the criminal over the victum 9 times out of ten! Combine that with a bad economy and random home invasions are up big time! I'm talking about random senseless slaughter! The BGs here in ABQ have a big time power trip! They would rather rape your wife and than torture you and your kids. But most don't have that kind of time. They just kill you. They rob you for sure, but it seems like the motives more and more are kill for the thrill rather than simply rob a place. I don't go to bed now without preparing to use deadly force at moments notice!
Old July 30, 2008, 08:55 AM   #52
2fs2ns

Our house is setup poorly for self defense. Master bedroom is on the exact opposite corner of the house as the front door and the back door. Our 3yr old daugher's room is between them. I've gotta go get her if the alarm starts going off...no hiding in the bedroom for me.

Hopefully our 100lb Chesapeake will go nuts as he usually does when someone's making noise outside... All windows/ext. doors are alarmed and it's set every night.

I'm more worried about someone coming in during the day when I'm not around and my wife's in a room away from a gun...