The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old June 5, 2008, 10:17 PM   #1
rjzthomp

Winchester 190 take-down help

I recently bought a Ted Williams/Sears Roebuck/ Winchester 190 with a scope at a pawn shop for $80.00. My 9 year old and I shot about 100 rounds through it with no problems. As the gun seemed dirty, I figured we would take it down and clean it to learn about how the gun operates and have something kind of cool to do together.

Thanks to the forum I got the take-down manual and have started my take-down. I am having issues with the tiny rolled steel pin that hold the retractor in place on the bolt assembly. Any ideas for pushing that little bugger out?. I have already tried penetrating oil and force to no avail.

I am also having similar issues disassembling some of the trigger assembly. Those pins appear to be solid steel and I am unable to budge them in either direction.

As this is my first firearm and tear-down, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ryan
Old June 10, 2008, 01:50 PM   #2
Buzzard 130

Needing some help

I'm a new member and need the takedown drawings also on the model 190. How do I get those from someone?
Old June 10, 2008, 03:19 PM   #3
Doyle

Do a search. There is a very long running thread about this rifle.