The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 22, 2008, 07:12 PM   #1
DMacLeod

D.Kirkwood Boston

I thought I posted this here before but I guess I didn't. I've had this for approx 10 years and my grandfather owned it for 40. If I remember right it was passed down to him by his father.

It is a 10 ga. and was made sometime around 1881. I have no idea how to put a value on something like this. Its serial # is 1001. This makes me wonder if it is the first or one of the first few shotguns that David Kirkwood made.

Old May 22, 2008, 10:17 PM   #2
RoscoeC

I have no idea what it is worth, but man, what a beauty!
NRA Life Member
Old May 24, 2008, 01:33 AM   #3
olddrum1

On PBS they have a program called Antiques Road Show. They put a value on family heirlooms. I truly believe that your shotgun would be worth taking into them if they ever were in your area. You might try the PBS website to see if they have any dates for your area. I know this sounds absurd but it just might be worth your time.
Old May 24, 2008, 06:38 AM   #4
DMacLeod

olddrum1, that would be a great idea. But the deadline for applications ended April 20th. The closest one to me is in Hartford,CT this year.