The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 22, 2008, 08:07 PM   #1
LFOD1776

IWB holster for LCP

Can anyone direct me to an IWB holster that is known to work with the LCP?

Thanks!
Old April 23, 2008, 12:57 AM   #2
ren219

I have been carrying my LCP in a Galco IWB holster I used with a KelTec P-32 for about two weeks now. It's a bit more snug than the P-32 but I can still clear it in the same amount of time. It holds securely, it has never moved when I have a belt on. But then I keep my belt a little on the tight side too, I am VERY paranoid about my gun coming out of it's holster. No matter what I am carrying at the time!
Galco model is: USA Ultimate Second Amendment
Galco part number is: USA404 (right hand) USA405 (left hand)
Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0709.jpg (55.5 KB, 2694 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0710.jpg (70.1 KB, 2096 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0711.jpg (57.9 KB, 1652 views)
Old April 23, 2008, 01:47 AM   #3
flyby

Also an Uncle Mike's Sidekick Size 10 IWB (for small autos). ..I use when i iwb my Keltec.
Maybe a little tight at first but will stretch-form to a Glove fit(same with the LCP i'm pretty sure ..quality is good,durable, comfortable and the sweatproof material shields the gun from sweat well.
This ones a few years old already ...

Last edited by flyby; April 23, 2008 at 05:55 AM.
Old April 23, 2008, 08:58 AM   #4
LFOD1776

How about the Kramer below-the-waistband holster? They make one for the KelTec P3AT -- and yes I'll ask them if it'll work with an LCP -- but can anyone tell me if it's comfortable with that size weapon, or if it's really best suited to the Seecamp size?
Old April 23, 2008, 11:54 AM   #5
LFOD1776

eh... so I ordered three:

Uncle Mike's #10 (thanks for the suggestion, flyby!)
Fobus Evolution paddle holster
Bianchi 4501 Pocket Change pocket holster

I'll let you all know how well they each work for me.
Old April 24, 2008, 01:30 AM   #6
flyby

^ YW ..I think you'll like the UM iwb..is very funtional ..it just needs a little time to break-in and stretch form to the gun(leave the gun jammed in there alot at first ) should still be able to clear the weapon fine when clipped on.
After a while will be like a custom fit holster ..and for cheap compared to the cost of others.
Old April 24, 2008, 04:21 AM   #7
velobard

The UM looks pretty nice, simple but nice.

Yesterday at the range was the first time I've seen a Keltec with the pocket clip. It got me to thinking how handy that would be, but also how safe it would be.
Old April 24, 2008, 05:44 AM   #8
flyby

Quote:
Yesterday at the range was the first time I've seen a Keltec with the pocket clip. It got me to thinking how handy that would be, but also how safe it would be.
The clips are pretty safe actually..is really no different than having a double action revolver in there, due to the long DAO trigger pull on these little guns.
I carried that way for a while ..on the smaller KTs it sits a little to low for my taste, I found it kind of hard to get a quick grasp with.

The UM sits a little higher and Keeps the gun off the body with a full sided sweat panel(a feature more common to more expensive models, and more comfortable)especially during the summer months, which here in S. Florida is almost year round

..the UM material puts virtually no wear on the gun and the added trigger protection are bonuses though.
Old April 24, 2008, 09:59 AM   #9
LFOD1776

The clip seems like a good idea to me, but the potential for discomfort and the possibility of somehow snagging or getting lint in the barrel are worrisome to me, so I prefer something that covers both the trigger and the "business end". Probably just neurotic, but I find life to be much easier when I just accommodate my neuroses instead of fighting them!
Old April 24, 2008, 10:59 AM   #10
velobard

Quote:
The clips are pretty safe actually..is really no different than having a double action revolver in there, due to the long DAO trigger pull on these little guns.
I carried that way for a while ..on the smaller KTs it sits a little to low for my taste, I found it kind of hard to get a quick grasp with.
I wonder if it would be practical to have a hole drilled and tapped on the LCP for a pocket clip. I haven't seen one in person, so it's hard to make a judgement.
Old April 25, 2008, 07:05 AM   #11
flyby

Quote:
I wonder if it would be practical to have a hole drilled and tapped on the LCP for a pocket clip. I haven't seen one in person, so it's hard to make a judgement.
Some Clip options for the LCP...
http://www.chuckhawks.com/covert_carrier.htm
http://www.clipdraw.com/handguns.html
http://www.covertcarrier.com/id11.html
Old April 28, 2008, 07:51 AM   #12
flyby

Hmm saw this..according to Wiki the "Keltec-Clip" is compatible with the LCP also(why those sly buggers )maybe the +1 ext is also...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_LCP
Old April 28, 2008, 02:44 PM   #13
LFOD1776

Here's my take:

The Fobus is a really nice holster. You need to adjust the screw so that the fit is not-too-tight and not-too-loose, so that the pistol clicks in positively but can be removed.

Uncle Mike's #10 is a comfy in-the-pants holster, yes, but it's going to have to stretch out before I can use it. Right now (with the holster new) the whole holster comes out of my pants with the pistol if I try to unholster it. Maybe if I leave it in for a while it'll loosen up.

The Bianchi doesn't totally hide the weapon's profile in the pocket, and it's a little on the big side for my pockets (if it were any bigger, it wouldn't fit at all), but at least it will keep the lint out of your barrel.

Verdict: I'm keeping all three. Each works better than the others depending on the outfit. But I'll probably use the Fobus the most.
Old April 29, 2008, 08:49 AM   #14
flyby

^^ I guess thats the newer fobus for these litle PGs ..I'll have to try.

yea your new UM#10 is narrow like mine was, jus' keep working the gun in all the way, till the muzzle hits bottom. I'd leave it like that every night till it opens up..shouldn't take long at all till you can draw from it ..and the fit will keep getting better from there.
If you decide you don't need it, and want to sell it PM me.

With the Bianchi, to make the holster more compact you could de-stitch the ribbon edging and cut/trim that big bottom tang shorter(closer to even w/the gun grip) then re-stitch the edging on ..I did some fitting like that on a pocket holster I had once and it worked out pretty well.
Old September 15, 2008, 11:27 PM   #15
usmcxd

inquiry

any word on how the Fobus holster is working for you and your LCP?
Old April 24, 2009, 12:07 PM   #16
MishaMisha123

As a woman, it's very difficult for me to find a holster that is concealable beneath skirts (without belts), dress pants (some of those don't have belt loops), and work-out pants. I had the Kel-tec P32 with the belt clip, and although it fit well, it was not practical. I live in Florida, and in the heat, it's the bare metal against your skin so you have to worry about rust. Also, the fuzz from your clothing gets into the little crevices of the slide.

I just bought the ruger lcp, and I got an uncle mikes holster. I know a lot of people seem to like them, but for me, it's worthless. It does not stay in place at all, even with a belt. It slips all over the place, and my biggest concern is that it will just fall right out (which it has, but fortunately i was wearing a heavy leather bike jacket at the time which kept it from landing on the ground).

I was looking at the kramer below the waistband holster, but I would like to know if anyone (especially another woman) has any experience with it.

http://www.kramerleather.com/product...&categoryID=23

Last edited by MishaMisha123; April 24, 2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Added link.
Old April 24, 2009, 12:14 PM   #17
rantingredneck

Crossbreed Minituck.

I have one for my LCP with Crimson Trace (also available for one without laser). Very comfortable, secure, and tuckable.

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)
Old April 24, 2009, 12:16 PM   #18
CortJestir

Crossbreed makes an IWB for the LCP called the MiniTuck.

Seems a bit overkill to me for the LCP, but purportedly, it also works well for women (for the user who commented above). If it works anything at all like their SuperTuck Deluxes, then it's guaranteed to work for the LCP (imho )

[EDIT] Redneck beat me to it...

Looks like this (from Crossbreed's Website):
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg minituck (Medium).jpeg (31.1 KB, 9049 views)

Last edited by CortJestir; April 24, 2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old April 24, 2009, 12:26 PM   #19
rantingredneck

Quote:
Seems a bit overkill to me for the LCP
I had the same thought before I bought mine but I got it at a deal on XDTalk forum. Now that I have it though it is very handy.

There are some days where I'm wearing shorts and T-shirt and really don't want to stick a gun in my pocket. The minituck is perfect for those days.

Most days the LCP goes in my RKBA pocket holster, but it's nice to have that option of IWB in a quality rig. And Crossbreed rigs are quality.

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)
Old April 24, 2009, 12:33 PM   #20
Kreyzhorse

High Noon Holsters makes a variety of various IWB holsters that work for the LCP. I own their "Mr. Softy" holster and an very pleased with it. Retains the gun well, hides it well and seems well made.

http://highnoonholsters.com/