The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 3, 2008, 01:50 AM   #1
don't shoot it's me

Shotshell carries...whcih one?

Looking to put a 5 or 6 round carrier on my old 37....is the butt stock the best place or should I go with one of the newer wazoo tactical jobbies that go over the reciever? Also, do some of these mess up the finish? I saw some on line that screw into the buttstock...not up for that...maybe just a good elastic sleeve will do the trick...but who makes a nice fitting one? Thanks
Old April 3, 2008, 05:43 AM   #2
zoomie

I've got 5 buckshot shells in one I bought at Academy. I think it's Koplin brand. It's held up in the field and in the house for a while with no noticeable loss of security - either around the buttstock or the shells.

http://www.oneclickshooting.com/prod...asp?prod=27177
Old April 4, 2008, 12:00 AM   #3
olddrum1

Shot shell carrier

If it is twelve guage I usally use a five gallon bucket. On a 410 I find that one of the large ice cream buckets work well.
Old April 4, 2008, 12:11 AM   #4
predator86

i got an elastic shotshell holder on my buttstock and i love it!!! for some reason my cheek doesnt get nearly as cold when im shooting in the freezing cold.....and its nice to hold the shells there too....
Old April 4, 2008, 03:33 AM   #5
KD5NRH

What I'd like to find for the 37 is dual sidesaddles; the bottom eject leaves plenty of room, and this would allow me to keep different types of ammo separate in addition to the added capacity.
Old April 4, 2008, 11:19 AM   #6
scorpiusdeus

I have a side saddle on the receiver. Yes, it will scratch up your Gauge is you aren't careful, but my gauge is a working gun so I don't care if it's pretty, just functional and accurate. Mine hold 6 rounds.
Old April 4, 2008, 11:44 AM   #7
mikenbarb

For HD I use an elastic slip on, In the field I use a good quality vest so it doesnt add weight to the gun and in the duck blind I use skeet shooting waist pouch with a velcro flap.