The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old March 11, 2008, 11:29 PM   #1
Beretta686

SBS-ing a Saiga 12?

I seem to be having "one of those days", but in all the right ways. I changed the ammo for my MAC-10 22-kit and OMG! I blasted through hundreds of rounds of 22 fun with hardly any malfunctions!

But before that, while looking for 10/22 mags, I stoped by a middle of nowhere, po-dunk gunshop that had a NIB Saiga 12 for $450! I immediately bought it with images of a Tromix SBS flashing through my mind.

However Tromix is backed up until 2010.

I have a local gunsmith who will add the furniture and make it look cool for me, however cutting down the barrel is going to need an adjustment of the gas system, which takes some know how.

Does anyone know of a Saiga 12 shop that can make me a reliable toy, that will work with both target loads & heavy duty stuff?

Thanks!

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Old March 12, 2008, 08:10 PM   #2
DonR101395

Shoot Jim Fuller an email. He's a great guy and does some outstanding work. I'm not sure if he's currently doing Saigas, but he has elluded that he may be especialy since Tony Rumore is so backed up. He is also an 07/SOT.

http://www.rifledynamics.com/services.html